WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Beef & Mushrooms
(225 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
Lean stewing beef and mushrooms cooked in slow cooker until tender. This lightened up beef and mushrooms is a great dinner for the meat lovers in your home. It’s easy enough for a weeknight and tasty enough for company.
I’m not a huge steak fan, but I love hearty beef vegetable soups, stews and braised dishes, like this slow cooked beef and mushrooms.
And a simple meat and potatoes meal always pleases my mid-western raised husband. So everyone is happy, an important consideration when trying to eat better and lose weight without having to cook separate meals.
How Many Freestyle SmartPoints in this Lightened Up Recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms?
It is possible to eat hearty satisfying foods and lose weight. Each Serving has of this easy and delicious lightened up easy slow cooker beef and mushrooms dish has just *5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints.
Lightened Up Easy Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms Recipe Notes
This recipe is loosely adapted from one of my most recent cookbook purchases, Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker , by Phyllis Pellman Good.
I made several changes, including substituting fresh mushrooms for jarred, but kept the fat-free cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix.
The recipe instructs you to just combine everything together in the slow cooker and let it cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, which would be fine when you are really pressed for time.
But, I took a few extra minutes to season the beef with salt and pepper and then brown it in a skillet and also cooked the mushrooms—in two batches—before tossing everything into the cooker.
And don’t forget a green vegetable, like broccoli or green beans, to accompany your beef and mushrooms 🙂
This lightened up slow cooked beef and mushrooms is simple home cooking that’s satisfying and just plain good – just *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, or *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints per serving. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy slow cooker beef with mushrooms, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef, Mom’s Slow Cooker Roast Beef, Crock Pot Beef with Mushroom Sauce, Slow Cooker Italian Beef & Lentil Soup and Slow Cooker Thai Beef
If you’ve made this Lighter Beef & Mushrooms dinner, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker Company Beef & Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds lean stewing beef, cubed
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) fat-free, low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- Ideal slow cooker size: a 4-Quart.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and then brown it in the skillet, cooking it in 2 to 3 batches so you don't crowd the pan. (Overcrowding the pan will cause the beef to steam instead of brown.)
- Place the beef in slow cooker.
- Brown the mushrooms, in the same skillet, again cooking them in 2 batches so they aren't crowded in the pan, and add them to the slow cooker.
- Add the red wine to the skillet and stir up any browned bits. Stir in the mushroom soup and onion soup mix until the mixture is blended, and then add to the slow cooker.
- Give everything a stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until fork-tender.
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker by Phyllis Pellman Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Easy Slow Cooked Beef and Mushrooms Recipe, You Might Also Like:
- Slow Cooker Vegetable, Beef & Mushroom Barley Soup (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Crock Pot Tomato Beef Macaroni Stew (SkinnyKitchen)
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Crock Pot Carne Guisada (Latin Beef Stew) (SkinnyTaste)
- Lightened Up Slow Cooker Coconut Beef (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!