WW Recipe of the Day: 3-Packet Slow Cooker Ranch Roast Beef
(172 calories | 5 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This recipe for Slow Cooker 3-Packet Roast Beef is from Mom. It's super simple to make and turns out nice and tasty.
Mom made it a while back, sharing a generous amount of it with us.
Is there any better gift than homemade food from Mom?
To be honest, with 3 packets of seasoning mix I was concerned that it would be way too salty.
The onion slices create lots of liquid diluting the seasonings.
The Skinny on 3 Packet Slow Cooker Ranch Roast Beef
You'll want to use a lean cut of beef for this 3 Packet Slow Cooker Roast.
Mom used a rump roast. Top or bottom round would work well too.
To make a complete meal in a pot, add additional veggies (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.)
Or serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes with salad and vegetables on the side.
For thicker gravy, remove the meat and then turn the crock pot to HIGH. Dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 2-3 tablespoons water, stirring until smooth. Then whisk the mixture into the liquid in the crock pot. Cover and let it bubble until thickened, about 20 to 15 minutes.
You can use the leftovers to make sandwiches, quesadillas, pot pie, soup, stew...
According to my calculations each serving has 172 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this slow cooker roast beef, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including: Slow Cooker Pot Roast Italian Style, Easy-Peasy Slow Cooker Pot Roast, WW Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Prunes, Slow Cooker Irish Stew and Slow Cooker Balsamic Braised Beef
If you've made this Crock Pot Roast Beef, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Mom's 3 Packet Slow Cooker Ranch Roast Beef Recipe
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 packet dry brown gravy mix
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 3 pounds boneless rump roast (or top or bottom round roast)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart.
- Place the onions in the slow cooker. Top with the roast.
- Whisk together the water, Italian dressing mix, ranch dressing mix, and brown gravy mix together in a bowl until smooth and pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the roast is fork tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove roast from the slow cooker.
- To thicken the juices, uncover and turn the crock pot to HIGH and let cook away. Or you can make a thicker gravy by mixing 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 to 4 tablespoons of water and stirring into the crock pot. Cover and cook, stirring often, until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's another easy recipe for crock pot herb-roasted pork roast:
More lightened up roast recipes you might also like:
- Garlic-Lover's Roast Beef SkinnyTaste)
- Crazy Glazy Roast Pork Tenderloin (HungryGirl)
- Hearty Italian-Style Pot Roast (SkinnyKitchen)
- Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast (SkinnyTaste)
- Healthy Slow Cooker Roast (HungryGirl)
This video from AllRecipes shows another way to make easy slow cooker pot roast:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!