WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Italian Beef & Lentil Soup
(233 calories | *2 WW SmartPoints)
It’s been over a year since I’ve made a pot of this easy, delicious Weight Watchers Italian Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Soup.
One of my all-time favorite slow cooker soups, I decided to make another batch before the weather gets any warmer.
When I originally saw the recipe for this Italian Beef and Lentil Soup, I really didn’t think much about it. Then I heard several people singing the soup’s praises during Weight Watchers meetings.
Which was all I needed to make a batch for myself.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Italian Beef Lentil Slow Cooker Soup
This is one of those dump and stir, one-pot slow cooker recipes. There’s no precooking required.
To prevent the zucchini from getting mushy, it’s best to add it during the last hour of cooking, if you can. If you’re not a zucchini fan, substitute whatever vegetables you like best. Green beans would be good.
Mom, Rod and I all really, really like this easy Italian Beef and Lentil Soup, so it’s definitely getting added in to my regular soup making rotation.
According to my calculations, each serving has *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *2 Freestyle SmartPoints. I love every time I discover a favorite recipe that has gone down in Points values don’t you? Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Italian Beef & Lentil Stew Recipe Variations
Substitute 2 cups fresh cut green beans for the zucchini if you prefer.
If you’ve made this Italian Crock Pot Beef & Lentil Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Weight Watchers Italian Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Stew
- 1 pound lean beef round, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used jarred)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1 can (14 - 15 ounces) canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh slivered basil
- Ideal slow cooker size: 5- to 6-Quart.
- Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper.
- Place the beef, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, tomato paste, lentils and beef broth in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine everything well.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 6 to 7 hours. During the last hour of cooking add the zucchini.
- Just before serving, remove the cover and stir in the basil.
- Serve hot.
Source: Recipe slightly adapted from Weight Watchers
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this Italian Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Soup you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!