WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Beefy Vegetable Soup
(213 calories | 5 5 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Here’s a hearty, satisfying low calorie beef and vegetable soup that couldn’t be easier. You simply stir all the ingredients together in the slow cooker and then let it simmer away unattended.
In several hours you’re rewarded with a big batch of satisfying soup that will fill you up with minimal fat and calories.
This tasty vegetable beef soup is perfect for a super easy weeknight supper.
Slow Cooker Beef & Vegetable Soup Recipe Notes
This slow cooker beef vegetable soup is full of healthy ingredients including carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, turnips and peas. And to keep it low in fat you use top round steak, trimmed and cut into cubes, but any extra lean stew beef would also work.
I knew as soon as I saw the recipe while skimming my Weight Watchers Momentum Slow Cook It: 165 All-New Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook , it would be good and ended up making just a few changes based on what I had available.
According to my calculations, each 2-cup serving has 213 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
This easy vegetable soup is a real winner for anyone wanting to lose weight and/or eat healthy.
Following Weight Watchers 2018 Plan, this is also *5 Freestyle SmartPoints according to WW Recipe Builder.
If you’ve made this Low Fat Vegetable Beef Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Hearty Beef & Vegetable Soup Recipe for the Slow Cooker
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound top round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large 1/2-pound baking potato, peeled and diced
- 2 turnips, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Ideal slow cooker size: 5- to 6-Quart.
- Whisk together the broth, water, tomato paste, thyme and salt in slow cooker until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the cubes of beef, carrots, celery, onion, potato and turnips.
- Cover and cook until the beef and vegetables are fork tender, 4-6 hours on HIGH, or 8-12 hours on LOW.
- At the end of cooking stir in the peas. Cover and cook until the peas are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this slow cooker beef vegetable soup recipe, you might also like:
- Weight Watchers Italian Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Stew
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Mushroom Barley Soup
- Lightened Up Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms
This video from Amy Lynn’s Kitchen shows how she makes cozy comfort food crock pot beef & vegetable soup:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!