Everyone knows this time of year can be challenging. The thermometer is dropping and you naturally long for warm and satisfying comfort food.
Plus, the days are short. And the weather is cool.
The season of never ending string of Christmas and New Years parties all tax your willpower and endanger your waistline.
Thankfully Eat Stop Eat actually gives you the freedom to indulge in those joyful treats while still losing weight and experiencing growing energy and health.
Here’s a hearty beef and vegetable soup that couldn’t be easier.
You simply stir all the ingredients together in the slow cooker and then let it simmer away unattended.
In several hours you’re rewarded with a big batch of satisfying soup that will fill you up with minimal fat and calories.
This tasty vegetable beef soup is perfect for a super easy weeknight supper. It’s chock full of healthy ingredients including carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, turnips and peas. And to keep it skinny you use top round steak, trimmed and cut into cubes, but any extra lean stew beef would work.
I knew as soon as I saw the recipe while skimming my Weight Watchers Momentum Slow Cook It: 165 All-New Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook, it would be good and ended up making just a a few changes based on what I had available.
With only 213 calories and 5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus in a 2 cup serving, this easy vegetable soup is a real winner for anyone wanting to lose weight and/or eat healthy.
- 1 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound top found stead, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large (1/2-pound) baking potato, peeled and diced
- 2 turnips, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley, optional
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Whisk together the broth, water, tomato paste, thyme and salt in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the cubes of beef, carrots, celery, onion, potato and turnips.
- Cover and cook until the beef and vegetables are fork tender, 4-6 hours on high or 8-12 hours on low.
- At the end of cooking stir in the peas. Cover and cook until the peas are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If you liked this slow cooker beef vegetable soup recipe, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.