(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 149)
Hearty and satisfying, this savory slow cooker round steak is one of Rod’s favorites.
When I served it for dinner recently with baked potatoes and broccoli he was one happy camper.
It also would be delicious with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
And practically any vegetable: peas, green beans, zucchini, corn, carrots.
Easy and flavorful, this savory slow cooker round steak reminded me a lot of the slow cooker beef with mushrooms I made a while back.
Except instead of depending on cream of mushroom soup for thickening, you coat the pieces of steak in seasoned flour and then make a simple gravy before serving. The recipe calls for canned mushrooms, but you could always substitute fresh instead.
My pieces of steak were tender after about 4 hours, so I flipped the slow cooker to WARM until dinnertime.
I’d definitely make this again.
Savory Slow Cooker Round Steak
- 1 pound round steak cut 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium-large onion sliced thinly
- 1 can 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained (or 6 ounces fresh)
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the 1/4 cup flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Cut the steak into 4 even pieces.
- Dip the pieces of steak into seasoned flour, coating it lightly on all sides.
- Layer half the onions, half the steak and half the mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Repeat layers with the remaining onions, steak and mushrooms.
- Stir together the beef broth and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour broth mixture over the mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the steak to a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Mix together the 2 tablespoons flour and water until smooth. Stir into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve the onion mushroom sauce over the steak.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this savory slow cooker round steak recipe you might also like:
Crock Pot Beef and Beer Carbonnade
CrockPot Pepper Steak
Slow Cooker Beef with Mushroom Sauce
*PointsPlus® for savory slow cooker round steak calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Today’s food for thought…
“It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.”
~ Old Chinese Proverb
And weight loss tip…
“Use the half-plate rule: fill half your plate with veggies. They fill you up with far fewer calories. And are good for you too!”
~ Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
Do you have a favorite motivational quote and/or weight loss tip? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!