(Weight Watchers Crock Pot Cooking Day 24 – Crock Pot Wild Rice)
Here’s a delicious crock pot wild rice recipe that we all liked a lot. I don’t think I ever ate wild rice until I started visiting Wisconsin, where it is very popular. And even now, every time I taste it, I wonder why I don’t eat it more.
I got the idea to try crock pot wild rice, while re-arranging the pantry and finding a large package of it I had forgotten about
Skinny on Crock Pot Wild Rice
In addition to being delicious, wild rice is good for you. A Weight Watchers Power Food, it has more protein than quinoa.
The recipe for this crock pot wild rice is from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
I adapted it only slightly, using a combination of different colored mini bell peppers instead of just one color.
Each 1-cup serving of this yummy crock pot wild rice has 180 calories and *5 Weight Watchers Points Plus. I think this would work with the Simply Filling Technique too.
Crock Pot Wild Rice
- 1 cup wild rice uncooked
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green yellow or red bell pepper (I had a package of multi-colred mini peppers so I used a combination)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 cups fat free low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Layer the rice, mushrooms, onion, and pepper in the slow cooker (I used my 2-Quart.)
- Drizzle the olive oil over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the broth over the rice and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours OR on HIGH for 2-1/2 to 3 hours OR until rice and vegetables are tender and liquid is absorbed.
Source: Slightly adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this crock pot wild rice recipe, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!