WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Apple Casserole
I have a new favorite slow cooker sweet potato recipe. This slow cooker sweet potato apple casserole.
Prior to discovering it in Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes and testing it out, my favorite crock pot sweet potato dish had been this Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Applesauce recipe from Betty Crocker. It had become my go-to way to prepare sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving.
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away? I've gotta get a move on if I'm going to cook and post all the great slow cooker Thanksgiving recipes I wanted to try!
The Skinny on WW Friendly Sweet Potato Apple Casserole
The recipe instructions said to cook this slow cooker casserole directly in a 2- to 3-Quart crock pot. But, I decided to put it in a 1-½-quart casserole dish that I placed inside my 6-Quart slow cooker instead.
I cut back just a little on the butter, coconut and brown sugar since we don't like our sweet potatoes too sweet.
Both Rod and I loved the combination of textures and flavors provided by the addition of coconut and chopped pecans. It's definitely a recipe I plan to make again.
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Easy Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole for the Crock Pot?
According to my calculations each serving has 237 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you skip the butter you can shave one SmartPoint per serving for all plans.
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you've made this Crock Pot Sweet Potato Apple Casserole, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Apple Casserole Recipe
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Ideal slow cooker size 2- to 3-Quart.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, ginger and salt until well blended. Set aside
- Coat a baking dish that will fit in your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange half the sweet potato slices in the baking dish.
- Cover the sweet potatoes with the apple slices.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar mixture over the apples.
- Arrange the remaining sweet potato slices over the apples.
- Sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over the sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 5 to 7 hours.
- Combine the coconut and chopped pecans and sprinkle over the sweet potato apple casserole.
- Uncover and cook 10 minutes more.
Source: slightly adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this slow cooker sweet potato apple casserole you might also like:
- Spicy Skinny Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Skinny Sweet Potato Casserole with Granola Crumble
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Tomato Soup
- Slow Cooker Cider Braised Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Turkey Tenderloin and Sweet Potato Skillet
Here's what I used to make this easy, healthy & delicious sweet potato apple casserole for the slow cooker!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!