Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Sweet Potato Turkey Dinner in a Skillet- 10 SmartPoints
This sweet potato turkey dinner in a skillet is a dinner idea that’s as healthy as it is delicious. It’s the kind of simple tasty one-pot recipe your whole family will love. Every time I make it it’s a big hit with mine.
My version is based on a recipe I found in the Betty Crocker’s Healthy New Choices Cookbook
Skinny on Sweet Potato Turkey Dinner Skillet
I modified this sweet potato turkey dinner in a skillet to make it more fresh & tasty. I replaced fresh sweet potatoes for the canned that were called for. And I went lighter on the butter and maple syrup to decrease the fat and calories a bit, to be a little more Weight Watchers friendly. We enjoyed it very much.
Perfect when you are craving the flavors of Thanksgiving with a lot less work!
According to my calculations each serving has 355 calories, 8 PointsPlus and 10 SmartPoints. Skipping the dried cranberries will take it to 8 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 - 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium heat. Place the turkey tenderloin in the skillet and cook it until brown on one side, about 2-1/2 minutes. Turn it and brown the other side for about 2-1/2 minutes.
- While the turkey is cooking, place the cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup, margarine and cinnamon in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Arrange sweet potatoes around the turkey in the skillet. Pour the orange juice mixture over the turkey and potatoes.
- Cover and turn the heat to low. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Uncover and cook about 5 minutes longer or until sauce is slightly thickened, the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife and the juice of turkey is no longer pink when the center of thickest piece is cut.
Source: adapted from Betty Crocker’s Healthy New Choices Cookbook
If you liked this sweet potato turkey dinner you might also like:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.