Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Sweet Potato Turkey Dinner in a Skillet- 10 SmartPoints
This sweet potato turkey dinner in a skillet is a dinner idea that’s as healthy as it is delicious. It’s the kind of simple tasty one-pot recipe your whole family will love. Every time I make it it’s a big hit with mine.
My version is based on a recipe I found in the Betty Crocker’s Healthy New Choices Cookbook
Skinny on Sweet Potato Turkey Dinner Skillet
I modified this sweet potato turkey dinner in a skillet to make it more fresh & tasty. I replaced fresh sweet potatoes for the canned that were called for. And I went lighter on the butter and maple syrup to decrease the fat and calories a bit, to be a little more Weight Watchers friendly. We enjoyed it very much.
Perfect when you are craving the flavors of Thanksgiving with a lot less work!
According to my calculations each serving has 355 calories, 8 PointsPlus and 10 SmartPoints. Skipping the dried cranberries will take it to 8 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 - 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium heat. Place the turkey tenderloin in the skillet and cook it until brown on one side, about 2-1/2 minutes. Turn it and brown the other side for about 2-1/2 minutes.
- While the turkey is cooking, place the cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup, margarine and cinnamon in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Arrange sweet potatoes around the turkey in the skillet. Pour the orange juice mixture over the turkey and potatoes.
- Cover and turn the heat to low. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Uncover and cook about 5 minutes longer or until sauce is slightly thickened, the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife and the juice of turkey is no longer pink when the center of thickest piece is cut.
Source: adapted from Betty Crocker’s Healthy New Choices Cookbook
If you liked this sweet potato turkey dinner you might also like:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.