Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Sweet Potato Turkey Skillet Dinner
This sweet potato turkey dinner in a skillet is a dinner idea that’s as healthy as it is delicious. It’s the kind of simple tasty one-pot recipe your whole family will love. Every time I make it it’s a big hit with mine.
My version is based on a recipe I found in the Betty Crocker’s Healthy New Choices Cookbook
Skinny on Sweet Potato Turkey Dinner Skillet
I modified this sweet potato turkey dinner in a skillet to make it more fresh & tasty.
I replaced fresh sweet potatoes for the canned that were called for.
And I went lighter on the butter and maple syrup to decrease the fat and calories a bit, to be a little more Weight Watchers friendly. We enjoyed it very much.
Perfect when you are craving the flavors of Thanksgiving with a lot less work!
According to my calculations each serving has 355 calories, *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus, *10 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Skipping the dried cranberries will take it to *8 Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Turkey & Sweet Potato Skillet, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Sweet Potato Turkey Dinner Skillet
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 - 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium heat. Place the turkey tenderloin in the skillet and cook it until brown on one side, about 2-1/2 minutes. Turn it and brown the other side for about 2-1/2 minutes.
- While the turkey is cooking, place the cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup, margarine and cinnamon in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Arrange sweet potatoes around the turkey in the skillet. Pour the orange juice mixture over the turkey and potatoes.
- Cover and turn the heat to low. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook about 5 minutes longer, or until sauce is slightly thickened, the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife and the juice of turkey is no longer pink when the center of thickest piece is cut.
Source: adapted from Betty Crocker’s Healthy New Choices Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this sweet potato turkey dinner, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Braised Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili
- Curried Sweet Potatoes with Green Peas
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!