Weight Watchers SmartPoints Recipe: Crock Pot Pepper Steak
(267 calories | 5 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Tasty bite-size pieces of round steak slow cooked with onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and diced tomatoes.
This crock pot pepper steak makes for an easy and comforting dinner any night of the week.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Pepper Steak
After 7 hours of cooking on LOW, the steak and vegetables were plenty tender, so I flipped my crock pot to WARM until we were ready to eat.
The recipe calls for one bell pepper, but you could bulk it up and make it more colorful by using both a red and a green one.
The recipe makes 4 hearty servings.
We enjoyed it for dinner one night served over slow cooker rice with a simple green salad.
Then then next night to change things up, I heated the leftover pepper steak and then tossed it together with about 2 cups of cooked bow-tie pasta.
So, I was able to cook once and enjoy what seemed like two completely different dinners!
And if you’re watching your carbs, this would also be great with cauliflower rice.
To make this crock pot pepper steak work for WW Simply Filling, you need to skip the flour, but the end result will be less thick.
According to my calculations, each serving of this pepper steak (without rice) has about 267 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Slow Cooked Pepper Steak, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly into half-moons
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cooked rice (if desired, for serving)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart.
- Place the pieces of beef in your slow cooker. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to coat the meat with the flour. (For extra flavor I used a couple of teaspoons of Montreal Steak Seasoning, instead of salt and pepper.)
- Add the onion, pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms and soy sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, until the beef and vegetables are tender.
- Serve over cooked rice, if desired.
Source: adapted from Gooseberry Patch 101 Slow-Cooker Recipes
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here’s another variation for making Slow Cooker Pepper Steak at home:
If you like this recipe for crock pot pepper steak you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms
- Italian Beef & Lentil Slow Cooker Stew
- Skinny Slow Cooker Beefy French Onion Soup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!