Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Pumpkin Cauliflower Mash – 1 SmartPoint
I’m not a huge fan of straight cauliflower mash as a substitute for potatoes. So, I was pleasantly surprised how much I loved this skinny version with garlic and canned pumpkin, which caught my eye as I was skimming through the September | October issue of Taste of Home.
Skinny on Pumpkin Cauliflower Garlic Mash
The original recipe was written for the stovetop. I adapted it for the microwave, using my Pampered Chef Large Microwave Cooker, a tool that makes steaming vegetables easy and effortless.
In addition to being delicious, this skinny pumpkin cauliflower garlic mash is low in fat and carbs and high in fiber. Another Weight Watchers WIN-WIN. According to my calculations each serving has 87 calories and *2 Weight Watchers Points Plus. Rod gave this high marks too. It’s definitely something I’ll be making again very soon. So happy to discover this has gone down to 1 SmartPoint. Enjoy!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, roughly chopped (about 6 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place the cauliflower and garlic in a microwave safe dish. Cover and cook on high until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the cream cheese, pumpkin, thyme, salt, cayenne and pepper. Process until smooth. Return to the microwave safe dish. Cover and cook until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Source: Taste of Home (Sept/Oct 2014)
*PointsPlus® for skinny pumpkin cauliflower garlic mash calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Weight Watchers Creamy Low Calorie Mashed Potatoes
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Chai CrockPot Pumpkin Soup
- Skinny Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.