Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Pumpkin Cauliflower Mash
I’m really not a fan of straight cauliflower mash as a substitute for potatoes.
So, I was pleasantly surprised how much I loved this skinny version with garlic and canned pumpkin, which caught my eye as I was skimming through the September | October issue of Taste of Home .
And you can always substitute fresh pumpkin puree for canned to help boost the flavor.
Skinny on Pumpkin Cauliflower Garlic Mash
The original recipe was written for the stovetop.
I adapted it for the microwave, using my Pampered Chef Large Micro Cooker for Microwave , a tool that makes steaming vegetables easy and effortless.
In addition to being delicious, this skinny pumpkin cauliflower garlic mash is low in fat and carbs and high in fiber. Another Weight Watchers WIN-WIN!
According to my calculations, each serving has 87 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint.
Rod gave this high marks too. It’s definitely something I’ll be making again very soon.
So happy to discover this has gone down to *1 SmartPoint. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Pumpkin Cauliflower Mash, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Pumpkin Cauliflower Garlic Mash Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, roughly chopped (about 6 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place the cauliflower and garlic in a microwave safe dish. Cover and cook on high until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the cream cheese, pumpkin, thyme, salt, cayenne and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Return to the microwave safe dish. Cover and cook until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Source: Taste of Home (Sept/Oct 2014)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
You might also like:
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Weight Watchers Creamy Low Calorie Mashed Potatoes
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Chai CrockPot Pumpkin Soup
- Skinny Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!