WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These yummy Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps were on my list of recipes to try, but Peter beat me to it! The ease of preparing them in your crockpot is hard to beat!
Something I really enjoy is that there is little to do once the chicken is cooked because everyone gets to prepare their own wraps before eating. It's really reminiscent of eating tacos - which I also love!
This recipe uses ground chicken and has a relatively short cook time compared with some other slow cooker recipes. You'll want to make this on a day when you are around to keep an eye on it.
It will need to cook on LOW for no more than 3 hours to prevent the chicken from drying out.
The recipe also recommended combining the ground chicken and minced garlic in a bowl then microwaving for a few minutes. If the chicken is pre-cooked enough to be broken into coarse crumbles, then it holds up better during cooking and won't become grainy.
I opted to use my Ninja and pre-cook the chicken and garlic using the Stove-top LOW setting for a few minutes, instead of microwaving it. I figured it's one less dish to wash and would allow me to take advantage of the cooking versatility with my Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System .
For my version, I substituted Bragg's Liquid Amino's for the soy sauce and I used Uncle Ben's ready rice pouch with whole grain brown rice in stead of cooking it myself.
How Many Calories and WW Points in Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
According to my calculations, each generous serving of slow cooker chicken wraps has about 526 calories and
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
13 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
I think you could very easily get 8 good-size portions with this recipe since the 6 servings suggested by the original recipe makes very full wraps. Increasing the number of servings to 8 reduces the calories per serving to 394 and 7 SmartPoints.
Other ways to lower the SmartPoints include:
- Decreasing the amount of Hoisin Sauce
- Using ground chicken or turkey breast
- Substituting cauliflower rice for the rice or omitting it
If you've made these Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 pounds ground chicken (93% lean)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper (cored and finely chopped)
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce
- Microwave ground chicken and garlic in bowl, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off liquid and transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Stir in bell pepper, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 2 to 3 hours on LOW.
- Stir in water chestnuts and rice and cover until thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate and wash Bibb lettuce leaves, then pat dry.
- Serve chicken filling with lettuce leaves.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Source: Recipe adapted from Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2: The Easy-Prep Edition: 200 All-New, Ground-Breaking Recipes
More Asian Style Slow Cooker Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Crock Pot Salmon Fillets with Asian-Style Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki with Pineapple
- Skinny Slow Cooker Five Spice Chicken
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!