WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Low Carb Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork Roast
(210 calories | 5 5 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I found this crock pot teriyaki pork roast recipe while scanning through cookbooks looking for a way to prepare the pork loin roast I had picked up on sale.
I wanted something quick and easy for dinner that would cook itself in the slow cooker while I went off to get my hair done.
It's from Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook (Everyday Cookbook Collection) , a Gooseberry Patch cookbook.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork
I had everything I needed to make this easy crock pot teriyaki pork roast recipe, except apple juice. By substituting sparkling apple cider for apple juice, I was able to avoid a trip to the grocery store 🙂
I've learned the hard way that pork loin can overcook easily, just like chicken breasts. The recipe said to cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours. But past experience told me that was WAY too long.
My roast was done when I got home from having my hair done, after about 3-½ hours. If you don't use an instant-read thermometer , I urge you to make the switch. It takes a lot of the guesswork and stress out of trying decide whether a roast is done.
To make things easier for when dinnertime rolled around, I pulled the roast out of the crock pot and made the sauce. After the roast had rested for about 15 minutes, I sliced the meat as thin as I could and placed it back in the cooker. I poured the sauce all over the pork slices and set the crock pot to warm.
I served the crock pot teriyaki pork roast recipe with roasted carrots and Brussels sprouts and "soo foo" a blend of brown rice, grains and lentils Mom had given me.
Brown rice or mashed potatoes would be yummy too.
Four of us ate this for dinner and all agreed that it was tasty.
According to my calculations, each serving has 210 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made this low carb Slow Cooked Teriyaki Pork, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork Roast Recipe
- ¾ cup apple juice (I used sparkling cider)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic power
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 pound pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- In the slow cooker, combine the apple juice, sugar, soy sauce,vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the roast and turn to coat with the apple juice mixture. Ensure pork is fat side up.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and place in on a platter. Cover it with foil to keep warm. Strain the cooking liquids from the slow cooker into a small saucepan, skim fat if necessary. Bring to a boil.
- Combine the water and cornstarch to make a paste.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the boiling liquid. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce with sliced roast.
Source: Adapted from Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook (Everyday Cookbook Collection)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this crock pot teriyaki pork roast recipe, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin
- 11 Pork Marinades
- Slow Cooker Cider Braised Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!