Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with Applesauce
CLICK HERE FOR MORE EASY & DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER RECIPES!
Are you looking for an easy slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe?
I’ve got one for you.
When I made this slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe recently it was a huge hit!
The older I get, the more I appreciate my slow cooker. And quick and easy recipes like this one for slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce.
I use my slow cooker a couple of times a week and the shorter the ingredients list the better.
Roberta hit rock bottom at 48 years old. She weighed 171 lbs. at 5'1". She suffered from back pain, thyroid problems and adrenal issues. Yet as you can see it’s all behind her now. And she feels and looks like a woman half her age!... Following Eat Stop Eat gave Roberta the freedom she needed. It allowed her body to naturally find its own weight loss rhythm. And the results are stunning!
Skinny on Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with Applesauce
All you need is about ten minutes of prep for this simple 3-ingredient simple slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe.
I used an easy slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker to make these delicious pulled pork sandwiches.
Okay, you do have to shred the meat when it’s done, which takes a few more minutes. But it is so worth the effort, even for a lazy cook like me.
The original recipe calls for 3 pounds of pork, which makes 12 servings. So I cut the recipe in half. I used a 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast I had in the freezer, half the amount of applesauce and barbecue sauce and a smaller crock pot. It turned out moist, tender and delicious.
I’m giving the nutritional and Points for the pulled pork, not the sandwich, since there will be a lot of variation depending on what type of bun and/or coleslaw you use. According to my calculations each serving of pork and sauce has 230 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus and *6 SmartPoints.
Give this slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe a try the next time you want dinner done easy. Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast visible fat removed
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 9 ounces favorite barbecue sauce (1 generous cup)
- The ideal size slow cooker for this recipe is about 4-quart.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Spread the applesauce over the top of the roast.
- Spoon the barbecue sauce over the top, being careful not to disturb the applesauce.
- Cover and cook on low, until the meat is very tender when pierced with a fork, 4 to 6 hours,
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker.
- Shred the meat using two forks.
- Put the shredded pulled pork into a bowl. Add some of the cooking broth so the meat is juicy, but not drowning in sauce.
- If desired, serve on whole wheat buns, with coleslaw.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Skinny & Delicious Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken
- Company’s Coming Slow Cooker Roast
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbs de Provence
- Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Style Pot Roast
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.