WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Applesauce
(230 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Are you looking for an easy pulled pork loin recipe? I’ve got one for you. When I made this slow cooker pulled pork recently it was a huge hit!
The older I get, the more I appreciate my slow cooker. And quick and easy recipes like this one for pulled pork with applesauce.
I use my slow cooker a couple of times a week and the shorter the ingredients list the better.
Skinny on Pulled Pork Loin with Applesauce
All you need is about ten minutes of prep for this simple 3-ingredient recipe.
I used an easy recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker , by Phyllis Good, to make these delicious pulled pork sandwiches.
Okay, you do have to shred the meat when it’s done, which takes a few more minutes. But it is so worth the effort, even for a lazy cook like me.
The original recipe calls for 3 pounds of pork, which makes 12 servings. So I cut the recipe in half.
I used a 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast I had in the freezer, half the amount of applesauce and barbecue sauce and a smaller crock pot.
It turned out moist, tender and delicious.
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in this Pulled Pork?
According to my calculations each serving of pork and sauce has 230 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
I’m giving the nutritional and Points for the pulled pork, not the sandwich, since there will be a lot of variation depending on what type of bun and/or coleslaw you use.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Give this slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe a try the next time you want dinner done easy. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Pulled Pork, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with Applesauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast visible fat removed
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 9 ounces favorite barbecue sauce (1 generous cup)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Spread the applesauce over the top of the roast.
- Spoon the barbecue sauce over the top, being careful not to disturb the applesauce.
- Cover and cook on low, until the meat is very tender when pierced with a fork, 4 to 6 hours,
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker.
- Shred the meat using two forks.
- Put the shredded pulled pork into a bowl. Add some of the cooking broth so the meat is juicy, but not drowning in sauce.
- If desired, serve on whole wheat buns, with coleslaw.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Weight Watchers:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Skinny & Delicious Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken
- Company’s Coming Slow Cooker Roast
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbs de Provence
- Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Style Pot Roast
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!