WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Applesauce
(230 calories | *6 WW SmartPoints)
Are you looking for an easy slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe? I’ve got one for you. When I made this slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe recently it was a huge hit!
The older I get, the more I appreciate my slow cooker. And quick and easy recipes like this one for slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce.
I use my slow cooker a couple of times a week and the shorter the ingredients list the better.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with Applesauce
All you need is about ten minutes of prep for this simple 3-ingredient simple slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe.
I used an easy slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker , by Phyllis Good, to make these delicious pulled pork sandwiches.
Okay, you do have to shred the meat when it’s done, which takes a few more minutes. But it is so worth the effort, even for a lazy cook like me.
The original recipe calls for 3 pounds of pork, which makes 12 servings. So I cut the recipe in half.
I used a 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast I had in the freezer, half the amount of applesauce and barbecue sauce and a smaller crock pot.
It turned out moist, tender and delicious.
I’m giving the nutritional and Points for the pulled pork, not the sandwich, since there will be a lot of variation depending on what type of bun and/or coleslaw you use.
According to my calculations each serving of pork and sauce has 230 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus and *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Give this slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe a try the next time you want dinner done easy.
If you’ve made this crock pot pulled pork, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with Applesauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast visible fat removed
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 9 ounces favorite barbecue sauce (1 generous cup)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Spread the applesauce over the top of the roast.
- Spoon the barbecue sauce over the top, being careful not to disturb the applesauce.
- Cover and cook on low, until the meat is very tender when pierced with a fork, 4 to 6 hours,
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker.
- Shred the meat using two forks.
- Put the shredded pulled pork into a bowl. Add some of the cooking broth so the meat is juicy, but not drowning in sauce.
- If desired, serve on whole wheat buns, with coleslaw.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Skinny & Delicious Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken
- Company’s Coming Slow Cooker Roast
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbs de Provence
- Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Style Pot Roast
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!