Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with Applesauce
CLICK HERE FOR MORE EASY & DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER RECIPES!
Are you looking for an easy slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe?
I’ve got one for you.
When I made this slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe recently it was a huge hit!
The older I get, the more I appreciate my slow cooker. And quick and easy recipes like this one for slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce.
I use my slow cooker a couple of times a week and the shorter the ingredients list the better.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with Applesauce
All you need is about ten minutes of prep for this simple 3-ingredient simple slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe.
I used an easy slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker to make these delicious pulled pork sandwiches.
Okay, you do have to shred the meat when it’s done, which takes a few more minutes. But it is so worth the effort, even for a lazy cook like me.
The original recipe calls for 3 pounds of pork, which makes 12 servings. So I cut the recipe in half. I used a 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast I had in the freezer, half the amount of applesauce and barbecue sauce and a smaller crock pot. It turned out moist, tender and delicious.
I’m giving the nutritional and Points for the pulled pork, not the sandwich, since there will be a lot of variation depending on what type of bun and/or coleslaw you use.
According to my calculations each serving of pork and sauce has 230 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus and *6 SmartPoints.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
Give this slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe a try the next time you want dinner done easy. Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast visible fat removed
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 9 ounces favorite barbecue sauce (1 generous cup)
- The ideal size slow cooker for this recipe is about 4-quart.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Spread the applesauce over the top of the roast.
- Spoon the barbecue sauce over the top, being careful not to disturb the applesauce.
- Cover and cook on low, until the meat is very tender when pierced with a fork, 4 to 6 hours,
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker.
- Shred the meat using two forks.
- Put the shredded pulled pork into a bowl. Add some of the cooking broth so the meat is juicy, but not drowning in sauce.
- If desired, serve on whole wheat buns, with coleslaw.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Skinny & Delicious Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken
- Company’s Coming Slow Cooker Roast
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbs de Provence
- Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Style Pot Roast
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.