WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes
(320 calories | 9 9 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Last Sunday, still jet lagged, I wanted something easy and comforting for dinner. I immediately thought, “crock pot” and decided to take a quick walk to the market to see what looked good.
Beef roasts were on sale, so I grabbed a little one, along with a large onion, some red potatoes and few other things I needed.
Over coffee, I scanned a few cookbooks, looking for a slow cooker roast recipe to try. I opted for this one from from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker because it sounded easy and I had everything I needed.
Skinny on Company’s Coming Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast
You just place the meat in the slow cooker, then make a simple paste and rub it all over the roast. Then top it with sliced potatoes and onions.
I was a little concerned that the recipe didn’t call for any other liquid, or to sear the beef in a pan first, but decided to go with it.
Six hours later and voilà , a moist and fork-tender pot roast with potatoes, onions simmering in a thin flavorful gravy (thanks to the flour in the paste).
Served with a simple mixed green salad, it was just the kind of old-fashioned home-cooked meal I was craving after more than two weeks of restaurant food.
I was too tired to snap pictures on Sunday, so I took these of the leftovers Monday. Another great thing about pot roast is the leftovers!
According to my calculations each serving has 320 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Beef Pot Roast, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast Recipe
- 3 pound boneless pot roast (I used rump roast)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 potatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4- to 5-Quart.
- Place the pot roast in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, mustard, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and sugar to make a paste. Spread all over the roast.
- Top with the potatoes and onions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until the roast is cooked.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Pot Roasts
- Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Style Pot Roast (Simple Nourished Living)
- Old-Fashioned New England Pot Roast (Simple Nourished Living)
- Yankee Pot Roast Dinner (Weight Watchers)
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast (LaaLoosh)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!