WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes
Last Sunday, still jet lagged, I wanted something easy and comforting for dinner. I immediately thought, "crock pot" and decided to take a quick walk to the market to see what looked good.
Beef roasts were on sale, so I grabbed a little one, along with a large onion, some red potatoes and few other things I needed.
Over coffee, I scanned a few cookbooks, looking for a slow cooker roast recipe to try. I opted for this one from from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker because it sounded easy and I had everything I needed.
You just place the meat in the slow cooker, then make a simple paste and rub it all over the roast. Then top it with sliced potatoes and onions.
I was a little concerned that the recipe didn't call for any other liquid, or to sear the beef in a pan first, but decided to go with it.
Six hours later and voilà, a moist and fork-tender pot roast with potatoes, onions simmering in a thin flavorful gravy (thanks to the flour in the paste).
Served with a simple mixed green salad, it was just the kind of old-fashioned home-cooked meal I was craving after more than two weeks of restaurant food.
I was too tired to snap pictures on Sunday, so I took these of the leftovers Monday. Another great thing about pot roast is the leftovers!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Crock Pot Roast?
According to my calculations each serving has 320 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Crock Pot Beef Pot Roast, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast Recipe
- 3 pound boneless pot roast (I used rump roast)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 potatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4- to 5-Quart.
- Place the pot roast in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, mustard, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and sugar to make a paste. Spread all over the roast.
- Top with the potatoes and onions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until the roast is cooked.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Pot Roasts
- Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Style Pot Roast (Simple Nourished Living)
- Old-Fashioned New England Pot Roast (Simple Nourished Living)
- Yankee Pot Roast Dinner (Weight Watchers)
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast (LaaLoosh)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!