WW Recipe of the Day – Slow Cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli
(208 calories | *0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Are you looking for a way to satisfy a Chinese food craving that will work with Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique?
Look no further than this slow cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli.
In addition to being tasty, this slow cooker Szechuan chicken is really easy to toss together, calls for basic ingredients, and is ready in just a few hours.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Szechuan Chicken & Broccoli
I combined everything in my slow cooker late yesterday afternoon and it was ready by dinnertime!
I liked that it called for picante sauce , something I always seem to have in the fridge.
If you want to kick-up the spiciness, use hot picante sauce /salsa and add a few red hot pepper flakes.
I served it on brown rice to keep it Simply Filling. Rod and I both thought it was good.
Each generous serving of crock pot Szechuan chicken and broccoli has just 208 calories and *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *3 SmartPoints and works with Weight Watchers Simply Filling.
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is now *0 Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this simple slow cooked Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers Friendly recipes including Crock Pot Salmon with Asian-Style Veggies, Easy Slow Cooker Shrimp Curry, Slow Cooker Chicken & Sausage Gumbo, Caribbean Pepper Pot Soup, Crock Pot Artichoke Chicken and Crock Pot Pineapple Pork
If you’ve made this Szechuan Chicken & Broccoli, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Szechuan Chicken & Broccoli Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup picante sauce (I used medium salsa)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I used 1 teaspoon jarred ginger instead)
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into pieces
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Grease your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. (I used Jane's crazy mixed-up salt.)
- Place the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and toss/stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, stirring until the chicken is done and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Season to taste with additional salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Serve with brown rice and additional soy sauce, if desired
Recipe adapted from: Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli you might also like:
- Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli (Simply Filling)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Rice and Broccoli
- Skinny Pasta with Broccoli and Chicken
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!