WW Recipe of the Day: Caribbean Crock Pot Pepper Pot Soup
Cubes of tender beef, chunks of sweet potato and finely chopped red and green bell pepper in a flavorful slightly spicy broth. This slow cooker soup is another big winner. Rod, Mom, my sister and I all really liked it.
I found the recipe in 300 Slow Cooker Favorites , by Donna Mari Pye, a book I borrowed from the library.
This recipe for Caribbean Pepper Pot Soup called for either a scotch bonnet pepper or hot pepper sauce. Since we are not fans of too much spice, I opted for the hot pepper sauce.
As I was chopping the ingredients for this Pepper Pot Soup, I thought about my college roommate, another Donna Marie, who first introduced me to scotch bonnet peppers. Born in Jamaica and a lover of hot peppers, she regularly had her family mail them to her in Boston.
This Crock Pot Pepper Pot Soup would not have been spicy enough for her, but it was just right for us 🙂
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Soup?
According to my calculations, each serving has 303 calories and
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like this Crock Pot Caribbean Soup, be sure to check out my other WW friendly soups, including: Spicy Chicken Avocado Soup, Southwest Turkey Vegetable Soup, Low-Fat Bean, Bacon and Kielbasa Soup, Vegetable Beef Crock Pot Soup and Wild Rice, Spinach and Sausage Soup
If you've made this Spicy Pepper Pot Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Caribbean Crock Pot Pepper Pot Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds lean stewing beef (I used bonelss short ribs)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 onions, finel chopped
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, siced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and cook, until meat is browned on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer meat to your slow cooker.
- I used my Ninja 3-in-1 cooker so I could brown the meat and then slow cook the soup all in the same pan. A 6 to 7-Quart slow cooker should work.
- Add the garlic, sweet potatoes, onions, stock, water, tomato paste, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours (or on HIGH for 3-½ to 5 hours), or until the vegetables and beef are tender.
- About 20 minutes before serving time, increase the slow cooker to HIGH. Stir in the red pepper, green pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Note: If the soup is ready before you are, reduce the slow cooker temperature to WARM. This will keep it warm without overcooking it.
Source: Slightly adapted from 300 Slow Cooker Favorites from Donna Mari Pye
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Slow Cooker Soup Recipes:
- Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Soup
- WW Italian Beef Lentil Slow Cooker Soup
- Crock Pot Tomato Beef Macaroni Soup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!