WW Recipe of the Day: CrockPot Tomato Beef Macaroni Soup
(251 calories | 7 7 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This hearty flavorful recipe reminds me of my mom's hamburger goulash made into a soup.
Comfort food at its finest, this delicious soup makes for a satisfying meal-in-a-bowl everyone will love. There's a reason it's a timeless classic!
It's like the Italian-American cousin of this really popular Healthy Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew, made with ground beef, tomatoes, and macaroni instead of potatoes.
I mostly make soups in the slow cooker because:
- It's easier
- I think that most soups are improved by long, slow simmering, and
- They can bubble away all day unattended without fear or scorching or boiling over
Doesn't it make a difference in your mood, knowing that you have a hot, delicious supper waiting for you?
It's one of the reasons I love my crock-pot so much.
This recipe calls for precooking the macaroni instead of stirring it uncooked directly into the soup. You can even cook your pasta a day or two ahead and store it in the fridge. That way it that it doesn't overcook and get mushy.
Skinny on Crock Pot Tomato Ground Beef Pasta Soup
Although this is a CrockPot recipe, you can easily make it on the stovetop instead.
I used my new Instant Pot (for the first time) using the saute and slow cooker settings with terrific results. (I've also used it to make rice. But haven't experimented with it as a pressure cooker beyond that yet.)
This yummy satisfying soup is definitely one I plan on making again. According to my calculations, each main course serving has 251 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Crock-Pot Tomato Beef Macaroni Soup Recipe Variations:
vegetarian/vegan - replace the ground beef with 1 or 2 cans of beans
different meats - replace the ground beef with ground chicken, ground turkey, chicken or turkey sausage, etc.
different pastas - elbow macaroni would be the classic choice, but shells, bowties, ziti, etc would all work. I think this would be yummy with tortellini or little ravioli too.
more veg - carrots, celery, green beans, yellow squash, zucchini, cauliflower, peas, corn would all be good (I added chopped zucchini to mine)
more spice - add a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes. Italian seasonings such as oregano and basil would be nice too. Or take this in a southwest direction by adding dry chili powder and/or cumin
If you like this comforting crock pot tomato beef macaroni soup, be sure to check out some of my other lightened up Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker soup recipes including Italian Slow Cooker Pork & White Bean Stew, Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew, Crock Pot Italian Meatball Soup, Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup and Slow Cooker Chuck Wagon Chili
If you've made this Tomato Beef Macaroni Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Crock Pot Tomato Beef Macaroni Soup Recipe
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1-½ cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 can (about 28 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar (about 26 ounces) tomato pasta sauce (I used Classico Tomato Basil)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach
- 3 cups cooked whole grain elbow macaroni (1-½ cups uncooked) (I used penne pasta instead)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 5- to 6-Quart.
- In a large non-stick pan or soup pot, cook the ground beef (seasoned with salt and pepper) and onions, breaking up the beef into small crumbles, until the beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, 1 more minute.
- Scrape the mixture into your slow cooker. Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce (if using), tomatoes, pasta sauce, red bell pepper and spinach.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni. Cover and continue to cook until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes more.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from The Recipe Rebel shows how easy it is to make your own version of Beef and Tomato Macaroni Soup on the stove top:
Looking for More Easy, Healthy WW Friendly Soup Recipes?
- Beef, Tomato & Acini di Pepei Soup (SkinnyTaste)
- Rustic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup (SlenderKitchen)
- Sausage & Tortellini Tomato Soup (EmilyBites)
- Slow Cooker Beef & Barley Soup (SnackGirl)
- Chickpea Tomato Soup with Rosemary (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!