WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup
I think one of keys to making Weight Watchers work for the long haul is finding recipes that will please the entire family.
This Italian Meatball soup is a great example. It doesn't taste like "diet" food. Because it's not. It's just a really hearty, flavorful soup that makes a great one dish meal!
For a simple satisfying supper, sprinkle each bowl with a little grated Parmesan and serve with warm crusty bread. YUM!
If you feel like you need something more, you could always add a simple green salad.
Italian Meatball Soup Recipe Notes
To make this slow cooker Italian meatball soup lighter, healthier and more Weight Watchers friendly, I:
- Substituted Kroger reduced-fat turkey meatballs for beef meatballs.
- Added 1-½ cups of sliced mushrooms to increase the soup's bulk and make it more filling. (Chopped spinach or kale would be good too.)
- I also added salt, pepper and Italian seasoning for more flavor.
The recipe says to add the frozen mixed vegetables in during the last hour of cooking, which will prevent them from getting too mushy. But if you prefer them really soft add them in the beginning with everything else.
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Simple Slow Cooked Italian Meatball Soup?
According to my calculations each serving of this yummy soup has 250 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you like this healthy recipe for Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup, be sure to check out some of my other easy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including 4-Ingredient Corn & Black Bean Soup, Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup, Mom's Lentil Sausage Stew, Crock Pot Tomato Beef Macaroni Soup and Spicy Cajun Soup
Are You Ready To Slow Cook Yourself Slim?
If you've made this Italian Meatball Crock Pot Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
CrockPot Italian Meatball Soup Recipe
- 1 pound frozen low-fat turkey meatballs
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 cans (14-15 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1-½ cups sliced mushrooms (about 5 ounces)
- 1 cup peeled chopped potato
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4- to 6-Quart.
- In a slow cooker, stir together the meatballs, broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, potato, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn the slow cooker to HIGH and add the frozen mixed vegetables. Cover and cook for one additional hour, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Source: adapted from Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook (affiliate link) - Everyday Cookbook Collection
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Crock-Pot Italian Meatball Soup, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- Weight Watchers Italian Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Soup
- Best Recipes of 2016 with Weight Watchers SmartPoints
I used the Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Stay-or-Go Slow Cooker (affiliate link) to make this crockpot Italian meatball soup:
Watch how easy it is to make your own Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup at home:
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Thank you for the recipe! It was delicious!!
Hi Nick! Glad you liked it!! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and comment. I truly appreciate it.
I trying to find ways to loss wight
I need to loss weight
This sounds really good & is in my crockpot now. I just wasn't able to fit it all in my 4qt. Lol. Had to move up to my 6qt.
Hi Ree, I made mine in a round 4-Quart and it fit. Glad you had a 6-Quart to transfer it too!!
Trying the crockpot Italian meatball soup, looks really yummy.
Hi Martha - this sounds delicious and I'm looking forward to making it next weekend. Are the meatballs still frozen when added to the crock pot or should I defrost them?
I have the original recipe bundle with the updates you provided and it's a go to for most of my meal planning. Thank you for all you do to help me stay on track!
I’ve made this before twice and loved it. This time I made it in my instant pot and it turned out fantastic in 11 minutes. Love it love it