WW Recipe of the Day – Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball Soup
(279 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
I first made this recipe for slow cooker Mexican meatball soup way back in 2009.
And it’s just as good now as it was then, so I decided to pull it from the archives for old times sake.
Back then, my crock pot love affair was just getting started.
As I continue exploring ways to simplify life in the kitchen and make getting dinner on the table quick and easy, my relationship with the Crockpot deepens.
Soon my Slow Cooker may take up permanent residence on the counter!
Crockpot cooking makes getting dinner on the table a breeze.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball Soup
By investing a few minutes in the morning combining ingredients in the slow cooker, I’m able to focus on the day without stressing about “what’s for dinner?” because a satisfying homemade dish, like this slow cooker Mexican Meatball Soup, will be ready and waiting for us.
This recipe is an adaptation of Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball Soup with Rice from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Fast-Fix Family Favorites
I made this recipe more Weight Watchers friendly by:
- adding two 10 ounce bags of frozen southwestern mixed vegetables (a blend of chopped bell peppers, onion, zucchini, baby carrots, and corn) to my version of Mexican Meatball Soup. This bulks up the soup with Weight Watchers power foods for Zero Points. (Fresh would work too if you prefer.)
- using turkey meatballs—instead of beef—since they’re lower in fat, calories and Points.
Each serving (1/6th of the recipe) of this yummy satisfying slow cooker Mexican meatball soup has 279 calories and *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
According to WW Recipe Builder this has *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Slow Cooked Mexican Meatball Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball Soup Recipe
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound frozen turkey meatballs
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen mixed Mexican style vegetables (optional)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup converted rice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4- to 5-Quart.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours, or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
- Serving Suggestions: Lots of yummy things would go well with this slow cooker mexican meatball soup including corn muffins, tortillas, cheese quesadillas, and simple green salad.
- I served it with warm flour tortillas and a salad of chopped greens, chopped scallions, chopped avocado, and pumpkin seeds dressed with olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, salt and pepper.
Source: recipe adapted from Sandra Lee’s Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Fast-Fix Family Favorites (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this crock pot Mexican meatball soup recipe, you might also like:
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Posole Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- Italian Beef & Lentil Slow Cooker Soup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!