I made this easy Italian Wedding Soup in my crock pot recently.
Both Rod and I thought it was delicious.
Hearty, but not heavy. And full of flavorful.
Rod declared it, "A definite do-over."
This easy Italian wedding soup is the first homemade wedding soup I've ever tasted.
We've been fans of Progresso's Italian-Style Wedding Soup for years. It's one of my favorite quick and easy lunches.
But this easy slow cooker Italian wedding soup is so much better!
If you prefer, you could always opt to make your own meatballs, like in this version of Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup from Better Homes & Gardens...
But to keep things really quick and easy, this recipe uses already prepared meatballs. (I used reduced fat turkey meatballs.)
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Slow Cooker Soup?
According to my calculations, each generous 1-½ cup serving has 224 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like this Easy Crock Pot Italian Wedding Soup you might also like: Slow Cooker Italian Beef and Lentil Stew, Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball Soup, Easy Healthy Sausage Spinach Wild Rice Soup and Crock Pot Italian Meatball Soup
If you've made this lightened up Italian Wedding Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Italian turkey style meatballs (I used reduced fat)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (I used jarred)
- 6 cups chicken broth (I used fat free)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup elbow macaroni
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Grated Parmesan, for serving if desired
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 4- to 5-Quart.
- Add the meatballs, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, broth and Italian seasoning to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, until the vegetables are very tender.
- Then add the elbow macaroni and spinach and continue to cook covered on LOW until the pasta reaches the desired tenderness, 20 to 30 minutes. Taste and season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with a little grated Parmesan, if desired.
Source: slightly adapted from 365 Slow Cooker Suppers by Stephanie O'Dea
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Italian Wedding Soup Recipes from Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites:
- Italian Wedding Soup with Orzo (Emily Bites)
- Skinny Italian Wedding Soup (Skinny Kitchen)
- Healthy Italian Wedding Soup with Cauliflower Rice (Hungry Girl)
- Escarole Soup with Turkey Meatballs (SkinnyTaste)
- Italian Wedding Pasta Skillet (Emily Bites)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!