Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Cheesy Hot Dog Quesadilla
(250 calories | *8 WW SmartPoints)
The idea for this skinny cheesy hot dog quesadilla was hatched as I was cleaning out the fridge around lunch time and discovered a couple of hot dogs lurking.
Since quesadillas are one of my favorite things on earth to eat, I decided to use one of them to make a skinny cheesy hot dog quesadilla for lunch.
Topped with a smattering of mustard, relish and ketchup, it turned out better than I’d hoped.
I balanced things out by having a small spinach strawberry salad on the side.
The Skinny on this Cheesy Hot Dog Quesadilla
The points for this skinny cheesy hot dog quesadilla will vary considerably depending on the ingredients you use.
You could definitely shave off a SmartPoint, or two, by choosing a smaller, or low carb, tortilla.
I calculated mine at *8 SmartPoints. By using mostly mustard, with just a smattering of ketchup and relish, I was able to keep the condiment count to just 1 additional SmartPoint.
Rounding things out with salad helped to keep both my tastebuds happy and my stomach satisfied for hours.
This simple yet tasty recipe should please even the most picky palate.
If you liked this skinny hot dog quesadilla recipe, you might also like: Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins, Skinny Pigs in a Blanket, Easy 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Smokies, Slow Cooker Italian Pizza Sloppy Joes, Pepperoni Pizza Mini Muffins, Hungry Girl’s English Muffin Hawaiian Pizzas and 3-Ingredient Sloppy Joes
If you’ve made this Cheesy Hot Dog Quesadilla, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Cheesy Hot Dog Quesadilla
- 1 8-inch flour tortilla
- 1 fully cooked fat free hot dog, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheese
- condiments of your choice: mustard, relish, ketchup, salsa, hot sauce, bbq sauce, etc. (optional)
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Put the tortilla in the skillet. Sprinkle one half of the tortilla with cheese. Arrange the hot dog slices on top of the cheese.
- Cook until the underside of the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese begins to melt. Fold the unfilled side of the tortilla over the filled side and press gently.
- Remove from the skillet and cut into 3 or 4 wedges. Serve with your favorite hot dog condiments.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.This video from WeightWatcherGirl shows how she makes her own Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla:
More Lightened Up Quesadilla Recipe Ideas
- Easy Chicken Quesadilla (EmilyBites)
- Double-Stuffed Steak Quesadilla (HungryGirl)
- Skinny Buffalo Burger Quesadilla (SkinnyTaste)
- BBQ Chicken Quesadillas (MealPlanningMommies)
- California Club Quesadilla (EmilyBites)
- Spinach & Mushroom Quesadilla (LaaLoosh)
- Picadillo Quesadillas (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!