Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day – Easy 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Smokies
The crock pot cocktail sausages I made them a couple of weeks ago were such a hit, I decided to try again with a different sauce.
So, I used my 1-1/2 Quart Crock Pot to make a little batch of these easy 3-ingredient slow cooker BBQ smokies.
The recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes! called for a combination of barbecue sauce and salsa, two ingredients I always seem to have on hand.
Skinny on Easy 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Smokies
If you’re not able to locate turkey or chicken little smokies, you can always make your own: just take your favorite fat free hotdogs and cut them crosswise into 3 even pieces.
While these easy slow cooker BBQ smokies were good, we liked the last batch made with apricot preserves better.
According to my calculations each one has 32 calories and *1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
Rod found this sauce too tangy for his tastes, which means all the more for me 🙂
Easy 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Smokies Recipe
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 package (12 ounces) turkey little smokies
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 Quart.
- For easier cleanup, coat your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Put the barbecue sauce and salsa in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the little smokies and stir again.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until hot and bubbly.
- Stir and turn to LOW to serve.
- Serve hot right from the crockpot or transfer to a serving dish, being sure to have plenty of toothpicks and napkins handy!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked easy slow cooker BBQ smokies you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!