WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Cocktail Sausages
(30 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
What is it about crock pot cocktail sausages that make them so impossible to resist?
If you want to be the hero of your next game day gathering, stir together a batch of these sweet and spicy glazed cocktail sausages.
Toss them into your crock pot and let them heat until bubbly.
I made a batch this week and almost didn't have time to snap a quick picture before they were gone!
I used my 1-½ Quart Slow Cooker to make a small batch, but this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled in a larger slow cooker for a party.
The key to making these crockpot cocktail sausages a little lighter and more Weight Watchers friendly is choosing chicken or turkey mini cocktail sausages. I've seen both Aidell's and Hillshire brands in the supermarkets here.
And to keep things really easy, serve them hot right from the pot with plenty of toothpicks and napkins for everyone.
I think this glaze would work well on turkey meatballs too.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Appetizer?
According to my calculations, each mini sausage has 30 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made these Mini Cocktail Sausages, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crockpot Cocktail Sausages
- 12 ounces precooked chicken or turkey mini smoked sausages
- ¾ cup apricot or peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 1-½ to 2-Quart
- For easier cleanup, coat your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place the sausages in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, chili sauce, and mustard, stirring until well blended.
- Pour over the sausages and toss until coated.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours (or on LOW for about 4 hours) or until hot and bubbly.
- If desired, you can remove the lid and cook for another 10 to 20 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
- Serve hot right from the crockpot or transfer to a serving dish, being sure to have plenty of toothpicks and napkins handy!
Source: Adapted from Slow and Easy: Fast-Fix Recipes for Your Electric Slow Cooker by Natalie Haughton
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
I want to try this sauce for meatballs too.
If you like crock pot cocktail sausages you might also like:
- Easy 3-Ingredient CrockPot Corn Dip
- Easy 3-Ingrdient Slow Cooker Spicy Nuts
- Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!