Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Spicy Peanuts
(174 calories | *6 WW SmartPoints)
Today I’ve got a fun easy recipe for slow cooker spicy nuts.
There are lots of recipes for spiced nuts floating around on the internet.
Most of them call for a ton of sugar and require a well stocked spice cupboard.
This recipe is different.
You need just 3 ingredients to make these slow cooker spicy nuts: cocktail peanuts, butter and a package of chili seasoning mix.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Spicy Peanuts
I found the recipe while browsing through what I think might be the original cookbook dedicated to Crock Pot Cooking: Crockery Cookery: 262 Tested Slow-cooker Recipes by Mable Hoffman. Published in 1975, it’s full of retro slow cooker recipes, many of which have stood well the test of time.
Flavorful, with a nice hint of spice, they weren’t too spicy or overpowering. For a bigger kick, you might want to add a little more chili powder or cayenne pepper.
The only change I made was to cut back the butter from 4 tablespoons to 2.
A perfect party snack, these easy slow cooker nuts would also make a great last minute holiday gift, packed little jars, tins, or cellophane bags tied with ribbon.
According to my calculations each generous 1/4-cup serving has about 174 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these crock pot spicy nuts, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Spicy Nuts
- 24 ounces cocktail peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) chili seasoning mix (I used McCormick)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Place the nuts in the slow cooker. Drizzle the butter over, then sprinkle on the dry chili mix. Toss well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so. Turn to HIGH.
- Remove the cover and cook for 10 or 15 minutes more.
- Serve warm or cool.
Recipe source: Crockery Cookery: 262 Tested Slow-cooker Recipes by Mable Hoffman.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker spicy peanuts you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- 7 Great Recipes for Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Pecans (SkinnyMs)
- CrockPot Roasted Spiced Nuts (A Year of Slow Cooking)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!