I used to love it when Mom made Chex Party Mix at Christmastime when I was growing up.
It was such a special treat.
With just a little more than two weeks to go until Christmas, I find myself indulging in a few more snacks and sweet treats than usual, which is fun.
It's part of what the holidays are all about for me.
So, when I ran across a recipe for Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix in Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes , I got excited and added Chex cereal and pretzels to my grocery list.
To keep things safe, I decided to make a half batch of this slow cooked Chex party mix, since I didn't have a party planned and had a feeling that we would consume as much as I made.
Rod and I ate A LOT of warm-from-the-crockpot Chex party mix Friday night.
Then I managed to snap a quick photo before Brenda and Neal helped us finish it off Saturday evening with cocktails after a long day of house hunting.
I plan on making another batch of this yummy Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix to enjoy during the holidays. I love that you don't have to turn on the oven, or hover over it so it doesn't burn.
The ingredients for this Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix are flexible. Think of this more as a template, than an actual recipe, and mix and match ingredients and seasonings to your heart's content.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Slow Cooker Party Mix?
According to my calculations, each ½-cup serving has 140 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
The WW Points will vary a bit, depending on the mix of ingredients used.
If you've made this Crock Pot Chex Party Mix, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix Recipe
- 4 cups Chex cereal, any combination (I used wheat Chex and corn Chex)
- 3 cups from any of the following: mini pretzels, snack crackers, goldfish, nuts, Cheerios, nuts, bagel chips, toasted corn (I used 1 cup pretzels, 1 cup Cheerios, ½ cup peanuts and ½ cup mixed nuts)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Place the chex cereal and other snack items in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder, stirring well.
- Drizzle over the dry mixture and toss everything until its well mixed.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Spread the mixture out on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Source: adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like Crock Pot Chex Party Mix you might also like:
- 24 Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
- Managing Evening Munchies
- Easy Healthy Super Bowl Party Food Ideas
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!