WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Granola
I love granola. And I love peanut butter even more.
So, when I saw a recipe for slow cooker peanut butter granola in Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes it immediately caught my eye.
I've made Peanut Butter Granola Bars, but never peanut butter granola.
And it's been more than a year since I made my last batch of homemade granola: skinny pumpkin granola with quinoa and cranberries.
So, it was more than time for me to make me some. And I was excited about using the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Granola Recipe Notes
The original slow cooker peanut butter granola recipe called for a full cup of butter, not exactly Weight Watchers friendly.
I replaced it with 6 tablespoons of oil and also reduced the sugar quite a bit. The great thing about granola is there's really no wrong way to make it.
Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that you can burn granola in the slow cooker, if you're not paying attention.
It's important to keep your eye on it and give it a stir every 20 minutes or so.
If you're like me, a terrible multi-tasker who easily gets lost in her work, be sure to set a timer!
This makes a big batch, 8-½ cups, of slow cooker peanut butter, filled with all my favorite things including coconut, sunflower seeds and peanuts.
Feel free to mix and match ingredients according to your tastes.
This recipe is easy to cut in half too, which is what I plan to do next time.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Crock Pot Granola?
According to my calculations, each ¼-cup serving has about 162 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this slow cooked peanut butter granola, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Spicy Nuts, Slow Cooker Caramel Mocha Crunch Bars and Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix
If you've made this Crock Pot Peanut Butter Granola, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Granola Recipe
- 6 cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6-Quart.
- Combine rolled oats, wheat germ, coconut, sunflower seeds and peanuts in your slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan melt together the peanut butter, brown sugar, oil, water, maple syrup and cinnamon, until well blended.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the oats in your slow cooker.
- Toss together until everything is well mixed.
- Cover, leaving the lid slightly ajar to allow moisture to escape.
- Cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours, giving it a stir every 30 minutes or so. It's done when the granola is golden, dry and smells wonderful. Cooking times will vary greatly depending on your slow cooker. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn, especially as it gets closer to being done.
- Spread the granola out on a cookie sheet and let it cool completely.
- When completely cool, store in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you enjoy this slow cooker peanut butter granola, you might also like:
- Best Healthy Homemade Granola
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Skinny Pumpkin Granola with Quinoa and Cranberries
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!