Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Pumpkin Granola with Quinoa & Cranberries
The idea for this skinny pumpkin granola with quinoa and cranberries was planted back in August when I saw Stephanie’s post for slow cooker pumpkin granola.
Since temperatures were still in the triple digits at the time I tucked it away until it felt more like fall.
Now that it’s October my mind has turned to all things pumpkin so I knew the time was right to make my first ever batch of pumpkin granola.
The Skinny on Pumpkin Granola with Quinoa, Cranberries & Pepitas
This is what I came up with after comparing and contrasting three recipes:
- The Pumpkin Granola from Two Peas & Their Pod,
- My favorite granola recipe (which comes from The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great ), and
- Camilla’s Cranberry Quinoa Granola found in 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness
This is the first time I’ve made granola with both oats and quinoa and I liked the the way it turned – crunchy with lots of clumps.
It’s nut-free, but you could always add chopped almonds or pecans if you wanted – just remember that this will increase the WW Points value.
I’ve been enjoying it for breakfast sprinkled on top of pumpkin yogurt (plain Greek yogurt mixed with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup), as well as straight from the jar as a quick snack.
According to my calculations, each serving has 102 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Skinny Pumpkin Granola, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Pumpkin Granola with Quinoa & Cranberries Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Adjust the oven rack to center position and heat the oven to 300F degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the rolled oats, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, applesauce, and maple syrup until well blended.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the oats mixture and stir until combined and well coated.
- Spread the mixture out in a single layer on the prepared pan. (If it seems like too much, divide between 2 cookie sheets.)
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir in the dried cranberries and bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the cookie sheet.
- Once cool, transfer to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great by Pam Anderson
- 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like skinny pumpkin granola with quinoa and cranberries you might also like:
- Make Your Own Pumpkin Puree (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- My Favorite Healthy Homemade Granola (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Easy Pumpkin-Spiced Granola (SkinnyTaste)
- Homemade Granola (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!