Weight Watches Recipe of the Day: Skinny Cottage Cheese Power Pancakes
(276 calories | 7 7 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I made the yummiest cottage cheese pancakes Sunday morning. Made with ground oats, cottage cheese, and egg whites, my friend, Tricia, calls them “Weight Watchers Power Pancakes.”
I love the taste of pancakes, but traditional light and fluffy pancakes made with 100% white flour, topped with syrup, are terrible fuel for my body.
All those refined carbohydrates give me a sugar rush—quickly followed by a crash—that leaves me cranky, shaky, and feeling ravenous. It’s a roller coaster ride I try to avoid.
Why did it take me so long to realize that pancakes are essentially flat cakes, made from the same ingredients as cake, but in slightly different proportions?
But cottage cheese pancakes or “Power Pancakes” packed with protein, that’s another matter entirely. I was excited to test them out.
And hoped they wouldn’t taste “too healthy,” if you know what I mean.
The Skinny on Power Pancakes with Cottage Cheese
Processing the ingredients in a blender resulted in a smooth batter with no trace of cottage cheese. These cottage cheese pancakes are not as light and fluffy as traditional pancakes. They are thinner and a little chewy.
But they didn’t scream “healthy” either. They tasted enough like “real” pancakes to be truly satisfying and because they are high in protein, they kept me full for several hours.
This healthy pancake recipe doesn’t have any sugar in the batter, which is fine for me. The fruit and drizzle of syrup on top provided enough sweetness.
But if you like sweeter pancakes, you may want to add a tablespoon of sugar to the batter, just remember to adjust the Weight Watchers Points accordingly.
To find the balance between what is good for your body and what tastes good can be tricky. For me, these cottage pancakes do a great job of satisfying my body’s need for a morning dose of protein and my taste bud’s desire for pancakes.
How Many Calories and WW Points in Cottage Cheese Power Pancakes?
According to my calculations, each serving (4 4-inch pancakes) has about 276 calories and
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you enjoy these cottage cheese pancakes, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Weight Watchers Crepes, Skinny Baked French Toast, 4-Ingredient Microwave Apple Pancake Puff, Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal and Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal Muffin Cups
If you’ve made this Power Pancakes, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Cottage Cheese Pancakes Recipe
- 1/4 cup oats, pulsed in the blender to make "oat flour"
- 2 heaping tablespoons Heart Smart Bisquick
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons non-fat milk or more if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Add more milk if necessary to achieve a nice pancake batter consistency.
- Scrape the mixture out into a bowl.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with nonstick cooking spray. The pan is ready when a drop of water sizzles in the pan.
- Pour a 1/4-cup portion of batter into the pan. (You should have enough for 4 pancakes, which may or may not all fit in the pan at once. If not. Cook them in batches.)
- Cook until the batter begins to look set, and the underside is lightly browned 2 - 3 minutes.
- Gently flip and continue to cook until both sides are lightly browned and the insides are cooked through, 2 - 3 more minutes.
- Repeat with any remaining batter.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Lightened Up Pancake Recipes Perfect for Weight Watchers
- Light & Healthy Pancake Recipes Gathered from Around the Web
- Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (Weight Watchers)
- Fiber One Pancakes (LaaLoosh)
- Easy Healthy Banana Pancakes
- 4-Ingredient Mug Apple Pancake Puff
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!