Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 173 – Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
Crock pot baked oatmeal is now in my regular breakfast rotation. I like it much better than traditional porridge-like oatmeal.
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
Probably because it’s more like eating a muffin. A moist, dense, not-too-sweet muffin that keeps me energized for hours.
If you’ve never tried crock pot baked oatmeal, it’s a great make-ahead breakfast that can be quickly reheated for a filling and healthy way to begin your day.
I love to make it in the crock pot on the weekend to re-warm during the week. It’s really easy to make. You just stir everything together, pour it into your slow cooker, and let it cook for about 3 to 5 hours. (Or you can pour it into a casserole dish and bake it at 350 degrees for 45 – 60 minutes.)
Packed with shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, coconut and chopped walnuts, this crock pot carrot cake baked oatmeal is a healthy way to enjoy the flavors of carrot cake for breakfast.
I got the idea from Beth at Budget Bytes after her post for Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal showed up in my inbox.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
The Skinny on Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
I keep playing with my easy slow cooker baked oatmeal recipe to make it lighter and healthier. This time I:
- Omitted the oil altogether and used more unsweetened applesauce to compensate.
- Decreased the sugar from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup.
- Added 1 cup of shredded carrots and a small can of well-drained crushed pineapple.
Each serving of this crock pot carrot cake baked oatmeal had 243 calories, 6* Weight Watchers Points Plus (60 calories and 2 Points+ less than my crock pot coconut baked oatmeal) and 7* WW SmartPoints.
I love to use the 2-Quart Insert from my Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Slow Cooker for when making baked oatmeal. It’s the perfect size.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup skim milk (I used vanilla coconut milk beverage)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick oats, not instant)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 4-Quart
- Grease the slow cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, applesauce, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt until well blended and creamy.
- Add the oats, carrots, pineapple, coconut, and baking powder and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into your greased slow cooker.
- Cover with 3 to 4 layers of paper towels (to prevent condensation from dripping into the oatmeal)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours, until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. (Mine was done in 4 hours.)
- Serve hot or let it stand in the slow cooker for up to an hour and then cut it into pieces for serving.
If you like crock pot crock pot carrot cake baked oatmeal, you might also like…
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Today’s Food for Thought
“We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.”
~ Mother Teresa
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
I used the 2-quart ceramic insert from my Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Slow Cooker to make this crock pot carrot cake baked oatmeal:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.