WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
(243 calories | 7 7 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Crock pot baked oatmeal is now in my regular breakfast rotation. I like it much better than traditional porridge-like oatmeal.
Probably because it's more like eating a muffin. A moist, dense, not-too-sweet muffin that keeps me energized for hours.
If you've never tried crock pot baked oatmeal, it's a great make-ahead breakfast that can be quickly reheated for a filling and healthy way to begin your day.
I love to make it in the crock pot (affiliate link) on the weekend to re-warm during the week.
It's really easy to make. You just stir everything together, pour it into your slow cooker, and let it cook for about 3 to 5 hours.
Or, you can pour it into a casserole dish and bake it at 350F degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.
Packed with shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, coconut and chopped walnuts, this carrot cake baked oatmeal is a healthy way to enjoy the flavors of carrot cake for breakfast.
I got the idea from Beth at Budget Bytes after her post for Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal showed up in my inbox.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
I keep playing with my easy slow cooker baked oatmeal recipe to make it lighter and healthier.
This time I:
- Omitted the oil altogether and used more unsweetened applesauce to compensate.
- Decreased the sugar from ¾ cup to ½ cup.
- Added 1 cup of shredded carrots and a small can of well-drained crushed pineapple.
Each serving of this crock pot carrot cake baked oatmeal has 243 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
I love to use the 2-Quart ceramic insert from my Crock-Pot 3-in-1 Slow Cooker when making baked oatmeal. It's the perfect size.
If you like this easy carrot cake baked oatmeal, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly oatmeal recipes including Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal with Coconut, Individual Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal Muffin Cups, Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins, Banana Oatmeal Cookies and Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
If you've made this Slow Cooker Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup skim milk (I used vanilla coconut milk beverage)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick oats, not instant)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2- to 4-Quart.
- Grease the slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, applesauce, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt, until well blended and creamy.
- Add the oats, carrots, pineapple, coconut, walnuts, and baking powder and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into your greased slow cooker.
- Cover with 3 to 4 layers of paper towels (to prevent condensation from dripping into the oatmeal).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours, until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. (Mine was done in 4 hours.)
- Serve hot, or let it stand in the slow cooker for up to an hour, and then cut it into pieces for serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's another recipe for Baked Banana Oatmeal:
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Naturally Sweet Blueberry Banana Baked Oat Bars (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Raspberry Peach Baked Oatmeal Muffins (EmilyBites)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups (OrganizeYourselfSkinny)
- Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries & Bananas (SkinnyTaste)
- Chocolate Trail Mix Baked Oatmeal (Cookin'Canuck)
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Orange Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Singles (EmilyBites)
I used the 2-Quart ceramic insert from my Crock-Pot 3-in-1 Slow Cooker to make this crock pot carrot cake baked oatmeal.
In this video, the Domestic Goddess shows how easy it is to make baked oatmeal three different ways:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!