WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with Coconut
(310 calories | 13 12 9 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with coconut is a variation of the Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal I made several weeks ago.
I got the inspiration from a recipe for Coconut Oatmeal Muffins over on Baking Bites.
I love coconut and oatmeal, so combining the two seemed like a great idea.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with Coconut
And as I was scanning the recipe, I realized that the muffin and baked oatmeal ingredients were almost identical, except for the flour and coconut.
Since I loved the last batch of crock pot baked oatmeal so much, I decided to just add 1 cup of shredded coconut to it for science.
Voilà – slow cooker baked oatmeal with coconut, which I enjoyed most every morning last week.
I like traditional porridge-like oatmeal just fine.
But I LOVE the texture of baked oatmeal better. It’s more like eating a moist dense muffin or cake, than traditional hot cereal.
It’s a moister, denser version of one of my all-time favorite cakes, the Quaker Oats Oatmeal Cake, which I regularly requested as my birthday cake when I was a kid 🙂
According to my calculations, each serving (1/8th) of this slow cooker baked oatmeal has about 310 calories and:
13 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
12 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with Coconut Recipe
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk (I used vanilla coconut milk beverage)
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal, old-fashioned or quick oats, not instant
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2- to 3-Quart.
- Coat the slow cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, applesauce, brown sugar, salt, and eggs until well blended and creamy. Whisk in the milk.
- Add the oats, baking powder and coconut and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into your greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours, until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. (Mine was done in 4 hours.)
- Serve hot or let it stand in the slow cooker for up to an hour and then cut it into pieces for serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like crock pot coconut baked oatmeal you might also like:
- Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Bread Oatmeal Muffin Cups
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!