Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with Coconut
This Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with coconut is a variation of the Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal I made several weeks ago.
I got the inspiration from a recipe for Coconut Oatmeal Muffins over on Baking Bites.
I love coconut and oatmeal, so combining the two seemed like a great idea.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with Coconut
And as I was scanning the recipe, I realized that the muffin and baked oatmeal ingredients were almost identical, except for the flour and coconut.
Since I loved the last batch of crock pot baked oatmeal so much, I decided to just add 1 cup of shredded coconut to it for science.
Voilà – slow cooker baked oatmeal with coconut, which I enjoyed most every morning last week.
I like traditional porridge-like oatmeal just fine.
But I LOVE the texture of baked oatmeal better. It’s more like eating a moist dense muffin or cake, than traditional hot cereal.
It’s a moister, denser version of one of my all-time favorite cakes, the Quaker Oats Oatmeal Cake, which I regularly requested as my birthday cake when I was a kid 🙂
According to my calculations, each serving (1/8th) of this slow cooker baked oatmeal has about 310 calories, *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *12 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with Coconut
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk (I used vanilla coconut milk beverage)
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal, old-fashioned or quick oats, not instant
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2- to 3-Quart.
- Coat the slow cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, applesauce, brown sugar, salt, and eggs until well blended and creamy. Whisk in the milk.
- Add the oats, baking powder and coconut and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into your greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours, until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. (Mine was done in 4 hours.)
- Serve hot or let it stand in the slow cooker for up to an hour and then cut it into pieces for serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker baked oatmeal with coconut you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!