WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with Coconut
(310 calories | *12 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with coconut is a variation of the Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal I made several weeks ago.
I got the inspiration from a recipe for Coconut Oatmeal Muffins over on Baking Bites.
I love coconut and oatmeal, so combining the two seemed like a great idea.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with Coconut
And as I was scanning the recipe, I realized that the muffin and baked oatmeal ingredients were almost identical, except for the flour and coconut.
Since I loved the last batch of crock pot baked oatmeal so much, I decided to just add 1 cup of shredded coconut to it for science.
Voilà – slow cooker baked oatmeal with coconut, which I enjoyed most every morning last week.
I like traditional porridge-like oatmeal just fine.
But I LOVE the texture of baked oatmeal better. It’s more like eating a moist dense muffin or cake, than traditional hot cereal.
It’s a moister, denser version of one of my all-time favorite cakes, the Quaker Oats Oatmeal Cake, which I regularly requested as my birthday cake when I was a kid 🙂
According to my calculations, each serving (1/8th) of this slow cooker baked oatmeal has about 310 calories, *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *12 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal with Coconut Recipe
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk (I used vanilla coconut milk beverage)
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal, old-fashioned or quick oats, not instant
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2- to 3-Quart.
- Coat the slow cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, applesauce, brown sugar, salt, and eggs until well blended and creamy. Whisk in the milk.
- Add the oats, baking powder and coconut and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into your greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours, until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. (Mine was done in 4 hours.)
- Serve hot or let it stand in the slow cooker for up to an hour and then cut it into pieces for serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker baked oatmeal with coconut you might also like:
- Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Bread Oatmeal Muffin Cups
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!