Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day – Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal
(240 calories | 9 9 7 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I was surprised by how much I liked this crock pot apple oatmeal.
Most slow cooker oatmeal recipes call for steel cut oats, but this one specified rolled oats.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal
I wasn’t sure how the rolled oats would hold up in the crockpot for so many hours.
So instead of cooking them on LOW as the recipe specified, I let them cook overnight on WARM.
I think this was the right decision…
After about 7 hours, the rolled oats in this crock pot apple oatmeal were creamy and porridge-like. The edges were a little dry, but seemed to be fixed with the addition of milk stirred in at the end.
The apples retained a little crunch, so there was a nice contrast of flavors and textures with the apples, walnuts, and dried cranberries.
I made a couple more changes to suit my tastes.
I substituted maple syrup for honey.
And used my favorite coconut milk beverage in place of both the skim milk and fat-free half-and-half. (What is fat-free half-and-half, exactly?)
Rod is not a huge oatmeal fan. So, for breakfast this week, I’ve been reheating the leftovers with a splash of milk in the microwave .
Since I like my oatmeal on the sweet side, I also add another teaspoon of sugar or drizzle of maple syrup.
This crock pot apple oatmeal is a very easy way to get in a hot breakfast on a busy morning. And we lifetime Weight Watchers all know how important that can be to our ongoing success 🙂
According to my calculations, each serving has about 240 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Apple Oatmeal, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal
- 2 cups fat-free milk (dairy, almond, coconut, soy, rice, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped apples (peeled or not, whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk (dairy, almond, coconut, soy, rice, etc.)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2-Quart.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonfat cooking spray. I used my 2-quart. (If you only have a 4-quart I would double the recipe and freeze some of the leftovers if necessary.)
- Combine the 2 cups of milk, maple syrup, butter, salt, cinnamon, oats, apples, cranberries and walnuts in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on WARM overnight, about 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup milk just before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for several days. They can be rewarmed in the microwave.
Source: Slightly adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this crock pot apple oatmeal recipe, you might also like:
- Baked Oatmeal Recipes
- Individual Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal Muffin Cups
- Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Slim & Healthy Ways to Cook Oatmeal for Breakfast
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!