WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Peanut Butter and Banana Baked Oatmeal
Martha has mentioned before how much she loves baked oatmeal.
I must confess that I too am now a convert.
Quite simply, it's like eating a not-too-sweet piece of oatmeal cake or muffin.
And it's very versatile too, as this recipe for peanut butter banana baked oatmeal will attest.
With a couple of over-ripe bananas on the counter, I figured why not give it a shot and see how it turns out.
Well, it turned out amazingly well so Neal and I were able to enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack all week!
Peanut Butter Banana Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal Recipe Notes
Next time I make this, I'd like to try substituting powdered peanut butter for the real thing.
From what I've read online, it may be ok to use powdered peanut butter in some recipes to give you the taste of peanut butter, but not all the guilt that comes along with it 🙂
Even though I used two ripe bananas, there wasn't a very strong banana taste - but the oatmeal did remain nice and moist.
I also used Penzeys Cake Spice in place of the ground cinnamon you'll likely find in other similar recipes. This cake spice is a nice blend of cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves.
I cut my pieces a little smaller this time, but I was able to still get 10 generous servings from this recipe.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Baked Oatmeal?
Each serving has about 270 calories and:
10 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
10 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
I'll definitely make this again, and again! And will continue to tinker with the recipe to try an lighten it even more. One substitution I'd like to try is powdered peanut butter for the natural peanut butter.
If you've made this Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- ¼ cup coconut oil (any vegetable oil will work)
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Penzeys Cake Spice, or ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage (any dairy or non-dairy milk will work)
- 3 cups uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup low sodium natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup raisins
- Coat the 4-quart insert of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, applesauce, brown sugar, cake spice, salt and eggs until thoroughly mixed. Add the mashed banana until incorporated. Stir in the milk.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats and baking powder.
- Stir the dry oat mixture into the wet mixture until combined.
- Add the peanut butter and continue stirring until combined.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Pour mixture into prepared slow cooker.
- Use 3 or 4 sheets of paper towel between slow cooker insert and lid to absorb extra condensation and prevent it from falling back onto the oatmeal.
- Cover with slow cooker lid and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours, or until the edges are golden and the center is set.
- Serve warm or let it stand in the slow cooker for up to an hour before cutting into pieces for serving.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Recipes for Baked Oatmeal
- Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal with Coconut
- Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Low Fat Blueberry Banana Baked Oat Squares
- Easy Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal
- Baked Cinnamon-Fruit Oatmeal
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!