WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Spiced Nuts Party Mix
(155 calories | 5 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I brought these slow cooker spiced nuts to a little Oscar Party gathering at Peter's house Sunday night.
They were a hit. Everyone gave them a thumb's up, which was nice.
I'm always a little nervous when making new recipes to share with friends and family and keep my fingers crossed that they'll like them. And I'm always delighted when they do.
I probably shouldn't have made this slow cooker spiced nuts party mix.
The recipe calls for one of my longtime trigger foods - bite-size cheese crackers, (AKA Cheez-Its).
Of course, I could have left them out. But that wouldn't have been any fun.
Instead I grabbed a box of organic cheese crackers at Sprouts and decided to see what would happen.
I made a couple other changes to the recipe too.
Since pecans were really pricey, I substituted mixed nuts.
My attempt to use less butter didn't work because the spice mix became too thick to coat the mix.
And I used a larger-than-suggested crock pot to make stirring it every 30 minutes easier.
This slow cooker spiced nuts party mix is delicious. And is brimming with good-for-you nuts.
It's also HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!
I'm gonna have to hide what's left and portion it out a little at a time so I don't devour the whole container.
How Many Calories and Points in this Party Mix?
According to my calculations, each serving has 155 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Crock Pot Spiced Party Mix, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Spiced Nuts Party Mix
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper
- 2 cups mixed unsalted nuts
- 2 cups roasted unsalted cashews
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups unblanched whole almonds
- 3 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 2 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6 Quart
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, taco seasoning mix, cinnamon and red pepper.
- Add the nuts, cheese crackers and pretzel nuggets to the slow cooker. Drizzl over the butter/spice mixture and then toss well to coat everything as best you can.
- Cook uncovered on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes, until the nuts are toasted. Turn off slow cooker and enjoy wam or spread out onto cookie sheets to cool and then store in an airtight container
Source: slightly adapted from this Betty Crocker Recipe
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for slow cooker party mix you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!