Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Mini Corn Dog Muffins
(83 calories | *3 WW SmartPoints)
I made these Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins to celebrate the arrival of fall.
I love everything about fall. The cooler weather. The foods. The holidays. And especially the fall fairs and festivals and fun food associated with them.
What could be more fun than mini corn dog muffins? I got the idea for these mini corn dog muffins one day while reading, Sara Noel’s Frugal Living Column in the Arizona Republic.
She was responding to a woman who had written in to justify buying a corn-dog maker from Amazon as a cost saving measure. (Which goes to show that we humans can rationalize just about anything :-))
Sara had responded suggesting that you can make cornbread muffins in a mini muffin tin and add a cut-up piece of hot dog in each compartment to make mini corn dogs.
And if the kids are really missing them, add a stick after baking. Who knew? A creative, healthy, thrifty alternative to corn dogs.
Baked Mini Corn Dog Muffins! What a great way for those of us who want to indulge our taste buds and fit into our skinny jeans to have it all.
Skinny on Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins
I immediately set my mind on making a batch of these baked skinny mini corn dog muffins as soon as I gathered the ingredients: 97% fat free Hebrew National hotdogs and a small package (6 muffin size/6.5 ounces) of corn muffin mix.
These were easy, delicious and fun to make. Consider them the next time you are trying to rationalize a corn dog 😉
Each one has just 83 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Mini Corn Dog Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins Recipe
- 1 small package (6.5 ounces/6 muffin size) cornbread mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 egg (could use 2 egg whites instead)
- 1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 fat free hot dogs, each one cut into 6 even pieces (I used Hebrew National)
- Heat the oven to 400F degrees. Coat mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the muffin mix, milk, melted butter, and egg just until moistened. The batter will be lumpy. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Insert a piece of hot dog into the center of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite corn dog muffins condiments.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these skinny corn dog mini muffins, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!