WW Recipe of the Day: Skinny Pigs in a Blanket
(140 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
Here’s the recipe for the Skinny Pigs in a Blanket I mentioned in my easy healthy broccoli slaw post.
If you have been on Weight Watchers for a while, you’ve probably heard about Hebrew National’s 97% fat-free franks. They have just 40 calories and *1 WW SmartPoint (compared to *5 or more Points in most hotdogs.) And I think they taste great.
Have you tried Pillsbury’s line of “Simply…” products? They are not necessarily “light.” But they do have less junk in them. The Simply…®Buttermilk Biscuits contain zero grams trans fat, no high fructose corn syrup and no artificial colors or flavors.
Skinny on Skinny Pigs in a Blanket
Each biscuit has 100 calories, 4 g fat, 15 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 2 g protein and *4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints.
I flattened the biscuits into 4-inch round “blankets” to wrap around my hotdogs.
If you have more biscuits than hotdogs, just bake them along with your skinny pigs in a blanket. You can then save them for breakfast or enjoy them warm from the oven, which is what we did. (Warm from the oven biscuits are pretty hard to resist.)
I lightly misted the biscuit “blankets” with water and sprinkled on a few sesame seeds, which dressed them up a bit. But, this is totally optional.
According to my calculations each Skinny Pigs in a blanket has 140 calories, 4 g fat, 18 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 8 g protein, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *75WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Skinny Pigs in a Blanket, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Skinny Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 package 97% fat-free hotdogs (I used Hebrew National)
- 1 package (12 ounces) Pillsbury Simply Buttermilk Biscuits
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Flatten biscuits into 4 inch circles.
- Wrap each hot dog in a flattened biscuit, pressing to seal the seam. Lightly mist with water.
- Sprinkle with sesame sees and press lightly into the biscuits, if desired.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy your skinny pigs in a blanket with your favorite condiments. We like ketchup and yellow mustard.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here are a few of my favorite sides to serve with skinny pigs in a blanket:
- Easy Carrot Apple Slaw
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
- Lightened Up Red Potato Salad
- Easy Healthy Broccoli Slaw
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!