WW Recipe of the Day: Mini Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
(29 calories | 1 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
On the lookout for easy Weight Watchers friendly game day snacks? Or a fun and easy way to enjoy the flavors of pizza in a 1 SmartPoint snack? You’re gonna want to give these cute little skinny mini pepperoni pizza puffs a try.
Skinny on Pepperoni Pizza Mini Muffins
These pepperoni pizza mini muffins are a lighter healthier way to satisfy a pizza craving. I love them dipped in a little warm marinara sauce.
I made them for the first time back in the late 1980s. The recipe is from Connecticut Cooks III , a cookbook published by The American Cancer Society my mom gave me back in 1988. Called “pepperoni puffs” these pizza-like, two-bite snacks were an immediate hit.
I’m not sure what caused the recipe to pop into my head, but I immediately ran upstairs, pulled out the cookbook and stirred up a batch. They were as easy and tasty as I remembered. And according to the book’s notes these pepperoni pizza mini muffins freeze well too.
How Many Calories/WW Points in these Little WW friendly Pepperoni Pizza Bites?
According to my calculations each mini muffin has just 29 calories and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
The key to keeping these little pizza treats low in fat, calories and WW Points is using low fat turkey pepperoni. Enjoy!
If you’ve made these Mini Pepperoni Pizza Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Pepperoni Pizza Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup non fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup reduced fat grated cheese (I used a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan)
- 1 cup (5 ounces) diced low-fat turkey pepperoni
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, milk, egg and cheese until well blended. Add the pepperoni and stir until it is distributed throughout the batter. Set the bowl of batter aside and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Grease 3 mini muffin tins.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full with the prepared batter.
- Bake until set and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm.
- Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.
Source: Connecticut Cooks III
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Recipes for Pizza Lovers
- Lightened Up French Bread Pizza
- Slow Cooker Pizza Dip
- Hungry Girl’s Hawaiian English Muffin Pizza
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
- Vegetable Crock Pot Pizza
- 45+ WW Friendly Recipes for Pizza
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!