WW Recipe of the Day: Mini Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
(29 calories | *1 WW SmartPoint)
On the lookout for easy Weight Watchers friendly game day snacks?
You may want to whip up a batch of these cute little pepperoni pizza mini muffins. I made them for the first time back in the late 1980s.
The recipe is from Connecticut Cooks III , a cookbook published by The American Cancer Society my mom gave me back in 1988.
Called “pepperoni puffs” these pizza-like, two-bite snacks were an immediate hit.
I’m not sure what caused the recipe to pop into my head, but I immediately ran upstairs, pulled out the cookbook and stirred up a batch.
They were as easy and tasty as I remembered. And according to the book’s notes these pepperoni pizza mini muffins freeze well too.
Skinny on Pepperoni Pizza Mini Muffins
These pepperoni pizza mini muffins are a lighter healthier way to satisfy a pizza craving. I love them dipped in a little warm marinara sauce.
Each mini muffin has just 29 calories, *1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint. Enjoy!
If you’ve made these Mini Pepperoni Pizza Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Pepperoni Pizza Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup non fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup reduced fat grated cheese (I used a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan)
- 1 cup (5 ounces) diced low-fat turkey pepperoni
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, milk, egg and cheese until well blended. Add the pepperoni and stir until it is distributed throughout the batter. Set the bowl of batter aside and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Grease 3 mini muffin tins.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full with the prepared batter.
- Bake until set and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm.
- Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.
Source: Connecticut Cooks III
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Recipes for Pizza Lovers
- Lightened Up French Bread Pizza
- Slow Cooker Pizza Dip
- Hungry Girl’s Hawaiian English Muffin Pizza
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
- Vegetable Crock Pot Pizza
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!