WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
This Pizza Soup is a healthy and delicious soup perfect for pizza lovers!
In fact, it's called "Pizza in a Bowl" in Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker (affiliate link), the cookbook from which I adapted it slightly.
Slow Cooked Pizza Soup Recipe Notes
Made with your typical pizza ingredients - marinara sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions and pepperoni (low-fat turkey) and topped with cheese - slow cooker pizza soup great way to satisfy a pizza craving for far fewer WW Points.
I love soup, especially this time of year. And slow cooker soups like this slow cooker pizza soup can be a life saver when you want to serve nourishing meals, but have limited time to spend in the kitchen.
We really enjoyed this slow cooked pizza soup, so I'll be making it again soon.
Next time, I'm thinking about using cooked Italian style turkey sausage instead of the pepperoni.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Pizza Soup?
According to my calculations, each generous 1-cup serving has about 238 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Are You Ready To Slow Cook Yourself Slim?If you've made this Crock Pot Pizza Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Pizza Soup Recipe
- 1 jar (26 ounces) fat-free marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-½ ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (2 cups)
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, cut into ½ inch pieces (2 cups)
- 6 ounces low-fat turkey pepperoni, chopped (I used Hormel)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dry macaroni
- Low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese as topping (optional)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4- to 5-Quart.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pasta and cheese, in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
- Thirty minutes before serving, add the dry pasta and turn up to high. Check occasionally. The pasta should be done in 15 to 30 minutes, depending on its size.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker (affiliate link) by Phyllis Good
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Slow Cooker Pizza Soup, here are more Weight Watchers friendly soups for you:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball Soup
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup with Chicken Apple Sausage
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Slim & Healthy Lentil & Sausage Stew
- Slow Cooker Ham & Split Pea Soup
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Sounds delish I can't wait to try it!
Sounds good! Will be trying it.
Can't wait to try
Hi Martha, thanks a ton for stopping by with your lovely thought.....I have never heard of pizza soup and this looks heaven!! Cant wait to try!!