WW Recipe of the Day – Skinny Slow Cooker Pizza Fondue Dip
(82 calories | *1 WW SmartPoint)
The second biggest eating holiday after Thanksgiving is Super Bowl Sunday.
Did you know that Superbowl Sunday is the top pizza sales day of the year?
Do you have a plan for enjoying the day and indulging in your favorite foods without getting crazy?
I love pizza. It’s one of my favorite foods.
But, it’s one of my trigger foods that I usually end up overeating.
So, I thought it would be fun to try out a slow cooker pizza fondue that would allow me to enjoy all the flavors of pizza with a lot fewer calories and points.
Our Favorite Skinny Dips Recipes is currently available as part of our Ultimate Bundle of Best-Selling Weight Watchers Friendly eCookbooks!
Skinny on Slow Cooker Pizza Dip
There are lots of recipes for slow cooker pizza fondue or pizza dip. Most tend to be really heavy on the cheese, not a bad thing, but I decided to go with one that was heavy on the tomato sauce.
I chose classico tomato basil sauce, which only has 2 WW SmartPoints in a half-cup serving.
The mozzarella cheese didn’t completely melt even after 3 hours and lots of stirring, probably because it was low fat, but the flavor was yummy.
You can serve this slow cooker pizza dip with all kinds of dippers.
Chunks of warm crusty Italian bread, bread sticks, mozzarella sticks, and raw veggies like, broccoli, cauliflower and celery would all work well.
According to my calculations, each serving has 82 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Slow Cooker Pizza Dip Recipe Variations
creamier – use part skim ricotta or wedges of laughing cow for all or part of the mozzarella
different sauces – there are so many different varieties of sauce available you can create a wide variety of tastes just by changing up the sauce
spicier – add crushed red pepper flakes to taste
more veggies – add chopped mushrooms, black olives, bell pepper, green onion, etc.
meatier – add chopped turkey pepperoni, or crumbled cooked chicken/turkey sausage
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Pizza Fondue Dip, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Pizza Dip/Fondue Recipe
- 1 jar (26 to 29 ounces) low-fat, low-sodium meatless marinara sauce (I used Classico tomato basil)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese (I used part-skim instead)
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano (I used Italian seasoning instead)
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- For serving: Cubes of Italian bread, breadsticks, raw cauliflower florets, broccoli florets, celery sticks, etc.
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 3-Quart.
- Lightly grease your slow cooker.
- Put the sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, onion, and garlic powder in the slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 hours, or until the sauce is hot and cheese is mostly melted. (Because the cheese is non-fat, it probably won't completely melt.)
- Serve with Bread cubes and/or vegetables for dipping.
Source: adapted slightly from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Weight Watchers slow cooker pizza fondue, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
- Vegetable Crock Pot Pizza
- Hungry Girl’s Hawaiian English Muffin Pizza
- Healthy 3-Cheese Garden Vegetable Pizza
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!