Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: 5-ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
Cook Yourself Slim with 50 of my Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes all with PointsPlus & SmartPoints!
First Published 9/2014; Updated 9/2015
(Weight Watchers Recipes for the Crock Pot Day 222 – 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs)
Can you believe it’s September already? We are sliding right back into slow cooker season – my favorite time of year.
I realize the focus on Simple Nourished Living in August was all about Juicing. But don’t think that means I abandoned my slow cookers. Not by a long shot. I still used them several days a week to cook easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly meals.
These 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs were a particular favorite for two reasons: 1) ease of preparation and 2) lip-smacking sweet and sour flavor.
Skinny on 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
To keep things super simple I used frozen low fat turkey meatballs. You could always make them from scratch if you prefer. For the best flavor you’ll want to use a thick teriyaki basting sauce.
I served these luscious slow cooker sweet and sour Hawaiian meatballs with steamed brown rice and roasted carrots. Everyone licked their plates clean.
According to my calculations each serving has 264 calories and *7 Weight Watchers Points Plus, 6 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 1 pound turkey meatballs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- ½ cup thick teriyaki basting sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons instant tapioca (for thickening)
- 1 green bell pepper chopped (about ¾ cup)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 4-Quart.
- Put the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Combine the pineapple with its juice, teriyaki basting sauce and tapioca. Pour over the meatballs. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours. Add the green pepper. Stir well and cooked covered on HIGH for 20 minutes. If the sauce is too thick stir in a little water to achieve the desired consistency.
Source: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Weight Watchers Recipes for the Slow Cooker
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.