Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: 5-ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
Can you believe it's already slow cooker season - my favorite time of year.
I realize the focus on Simple Nourished Living recently was all about Juicing.
But don't think that means I abandoned my slow cookers. Not by a long shot!
I still used them several days a week to cook easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly meals.
These 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs were a particular favorite for two reasons: 1) ease of preparation and 2) lip-smacking sweet and sour flavor.
Skinny on 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
To keep things super simple, I used frozen low fat turkey meatballs. You could always make them from scratch if you prefer.
For the best flavor you'll want to use a thick teriyaki basting sauce.
I served these luscious slow cooker sweet and sour Hawaiian meatballs with steamed brown rice and roasted carrots.
Everyone licked their plates clean 🙂
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Hawaiian Meatballs?
According to my calculations, each serving has 264 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like these easy, slow cooked Hawaiian meatballs, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: WW Slow Cooker French Onion Meatballs, 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Italian Beef, Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs & Sauce, CrockPot Italian Meatball Soup and Easy 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Smokies
If you've made this Hawaiian Crock Pot Meat Balls, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound turkey meatballs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- ½ cup thick teriyaki basting sauce
- 1-½ tablespoons instant tapioca, for thickening
- 1 green bell pepper chopped (about ¾ cup)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2- to 4-Quart.
- Put the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Combine the pineapple with its juice, teriyaki basting sauce and tapioca. Pour over the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Add the green pepper. Stir well and cooked covered on HIGH for 20 minutes.
- If the sauce is too thick, stir in a little water to achieve the desired consistency.
Source: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes by Jean Paré.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's another way to make slow cooker sweet & sour meatballs with pineapple:
More Easy Weight Watchers Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs (SkinnyTaste)
- Crock Pot BBQ Mini Meatballs (SkinnyKitchen)
- Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs Marinara (EmilyBites)
- Slow Cooker Thai Curry Chicken Meatballs (SlenderKitchen)
- Turkey Meatball Stroganoff (SkinnyTaste)
Watch this AllRecipes video to see another way to make Crock Pot Sweet & Sour Meatballs:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!