WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Meatballs and Sauce
(408 calories | 8 8 8 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
The easy slow cooker recipe is a great way to make homemade meatballs and sauce.
You don’t have to worry about the sauce bubbling over or scorching your pot during the long hours of simmering.
And talk about easy, you don’t even have to precook the meatballs.
Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs and Sauce Recipe Notes
Be sure to use at least 93% lean ground beef in this easy slow cooker meatballs and sauce recipe, so that it’s not too greasy.
Ground turkey or a combination of ground turkey and turkey sausage would work well too.
It would be delicious on toasted rolls with roasted bell peppers and melted cheese too.
How Many Calories in this Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs & Sauce?
According to my calculations each serving has 408 calories and
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
10 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these slow cooked meatballs, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs & Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (28 ounces) marinara sauce (I like Classico and Bertolli)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 6-Quart (Your slow cooker should be between 1/2 and 3/4 full.)
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the beef, egg, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, parsley, onion and garlic powder until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 18 golf-ball sized meatballs.
- Place meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Stir together the marinara sauce, crushed tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning and bay leaf, if using. Pour over the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- If you used a bay leaf, fish it out and discard before serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like Easy Crock Pot Meatballs and Sauce, You Might Also Like:
- Easy Slow Cooker French Onion Meatballs Recipe (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Easy Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Crock Pot Italian Meatball Soup (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Light Italian Meatballs (LaaLoosh)
- Weight Watchers Spaghetti & Chicken Meatballs (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Super Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!