Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs and Sauce
Easy Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes #217 – Slow Cooker Meatballs & Sauce
The slow cooker is a great way to make homemade meatballs and sauce.
You don’t have to worry about the sauce bubbling over or scorching your pot during the long hours of simmering.
And talk about easy, you don’t even have to precook the meatballs.
Skinny on Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs and Sauce
Be sure to use at least 93% lean ground beef in this easy slow cooker meatballs and sauce recipe, so that it’s not too greasy.
Ground turkey or a combination of ground turkey and turkey sausage would work well too.
It would be delicious on toasted rolls with roasted bell peppers and melted cheese too.
According to my calculations each serving has 408 calories and 10* Weight Watchers Points Plus and 8* WW SmartPoints.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
- 1-1/2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (28 ounces) marinara sauce (I like Classico and Bertolli)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 6-Quart (Your slow cooker should be between ½ and ¾ full.)
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the beef, egg, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, parsley, onion and garlic powder until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 18 golf-ball sized meatballs.
- Place meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Stir together the marinara sauce, crushed tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning and bay leaf, if using. Pour over the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- If you used a bay leaf, fish it out and discard before serving.
For a chunkier sauce, use diced tomatoes instead of crushed.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs and Sauce, You Might Also Like:
- Easy Slow Cooker French Onion Meatballs Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs
- Easy Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- Crock Pot Italian Meatball Soup
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
- Light Italian Meatballs (Laaloosh)
- Weight Watchers Spaghetti and Chicken Meatballs
- Super Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.