WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
(299 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
I love sausage and peppers.
It’s a classic Italian American dish that’s been a favorite since I was a kid.
This is my first time making slow cooker sausage and peppers.
Unbelievably easy and delicious, it won’t be my last!
Skinny on Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
Using Italian-style turkey sausage keeps this recipe light and healthy.
I used sweet Italian-style turkey sausage. But you could use hot or a combination of sweet and hot if you prefer.
And if you like your sausage and peppers spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon or so crushed red pepper flakes.
I served my slow cooker sausage and peppers for dinner over pasta with a big tossed green salad.
This would be delicious on its own, over polenta or in a hoagie/sub/grinder roll too.
According to my calculations each serving (including pasta) has 299 calories and *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
This has *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints with the pasta, or *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints without. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
I also like to keep this dish low carb by serving it over zoodles…
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Sausage with Peppers, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked Italian-style turkey sausage, cut into 2-inch chunks (sweet, hot or a combination of both)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound whole wheat pasta, cooked (for serving)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional (for serving)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 5- or 6-quart.
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic and oregano. Stir well to combine.
- Add the sausage and stir again.
- Cover and cook on low until the vegetables are very tender, 6 to 8 hours on LOW or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.
- Just before serving, stir in the balsamic vinegar and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve over pasta with grated Parmesan, if desired.
Source: Slightly adapted from Weight Watchers Family Style Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooker sausage and peppers, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup with Sausage
- Quick & Easy Italian Sausage & Peppers Recipes
- Skinny Pasta with Sausage, Peppers, Onions & Mushrooms
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!