WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
(299 calories | 7 5 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I love sausage and peppers.
It’s a classic Italian American dish that’s been a favorite since I was a kid.
This is my first time making slow cooker sausage and peppers.
Unbelievably easy and delicious, it won’t be my last!
Skinny on Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
Using Italian-style turkey sausage keeps this recipe light and healthy.
I used sweet Italian-style turkey sausage. But you could use hot or a combination of sweet and hot if you prefer.
And if you like your sausage and peppers spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon or so crushed red pepper flakes.
I served my slow cooker sausage and peppers for dinner over pasta with a big tossed green salad.
This would be delicious on its own, over polenta or in a hoagie/sub/grinder roll too.
According to my calculations each serving (including pasta) has 299 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
This has *3 (blue) myWW Freestyle SmartPoints without pasta. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
I also like to keep this dish low carb by serving it over zoodles…
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Sausage with Peppers, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked Italian-style turkey sausage, cut into 2-inch chunks (sweet, hot or a combination of both)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound whole wheat pasta, cooked (for serving)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional (for serving)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 5- or 6-quart.
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic and oregano. Stir well to combine.
- Add the sausage and stir again.
- Cover and cook on low until the vegetables are very tender, 6 to 8 hours on LOW or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.
- Just before serving, stir in the balsamic vinegar and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve over pasta with grated Parmesan, if desired.
Source: Slightly adapted from Weight Watchers Family Style Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooker sausage and peppers, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup with Sausage
- Quick & Easy Italian Sausage & Peppers Recipes
- Skinny Pasta with Sausage, Peppers, Onions & Mushrooms
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!