Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Pasta with Italian Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Mushrooms
Fusilli pasta tossed with Italian sausage and peppers, onions and mushrooms in marinara sauce. Quick, easy and delicious!
When I want to get dinner on the table in 45 minutes or less, I often turn to recipes like this quick and easy pasta dish. The sauce comes together in about the time it takes to boil water and cook the pasta.
In addition to having great flavor, this pasta also got a lot less fat because it uses fully cooked Italian turkey sausage instead of pork.
Experiment until you find a flavor and brand that your satisfied with. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Pasta Dish?
According to my calculations, each serving has 331 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like this lightened up pasta with sausage, peppers, onions and mushrooms, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Sausage Pasta with Vegetables, Cherry Tomato Pasta with Spinach & Sausage, Artichoke & Spinach Baked Pasta, Pasta with Italian Chicken Sausage & Kale and Crock Pt Cajun Sausage Pasta Sauce
If you've made this Italian Sausage and Peppers with Pasta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Pasta with Sausage, Peppers, Onions & Mushrooms Recipe
- 6 ounces (about 3 cups) short pasta, such as penne or fusilli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces fully cooked sweet Italian turkey sausage, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 jar (25 ounces) marinara sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan (if desired)
- Cook the pasta, according to the package directions and then drain until ready to add to the sauce.
While the water is boiling and pasta is cooking prepare the sauce:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Add the sausage, marinara sauce and wine and cook, stirring occasionally until hot and bubbly and beginning to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta and toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with grated Parmesan, if desired.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Pasta Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Creamy One-Pot Pasta
- Easy Italian Sub Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Chicken & Pasta
- Pasta with Fresh Corn and Tomatoes
- Pasta with Broccoli & Chicken
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!