Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
(202 calories | 4 4 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I’ve been on a bit of an Italian food kick recently.
I just can’t seem to get enough of it.
So, when I came across this recipe for a lighter version Paula Deen’s Tastes Like Lasagna Soup on Spectacled Owl’s Roundup of 50 Weight Watchers Recipes for Weight Loss, it went right to the top of my “Recipes to Try” list.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
I adapted Paula Deen’s Sons’ Take It Lighter recipe, turning it into an even lighter slow cooker lasagna soup.
The lighter recipe already was much skinnier than Paula’s original, with 404 fewer calories and 28 fewer grams of fat.
By using the microwave and slow cooker, I was able to eliminate the need for additional oil altogether, shaving off about 1 WW Point per serving.
I also used fewer lasagna noodles and added 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms.
This slow cooker lasagna soup was even more delicious than I had hoped.
So much easier than lasagna, but with all the same delicious flavors, I’ll be making this easy lasagna soup again the next time I need an Italian food fix!
According to my calculations, each 1-cup serving has 202 calories and
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Kitchen Tools I Used to Make this Lasagna Soup:
If you like this lightened up recipe for lasagna soup, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly crockpot recipes including Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Lasagna, Crock-Pot Hamburger Stew, Slow Cooker Porcupine Meatballs, Slow Cooker Sausage Spaghetti Sauce and Crock Pot Macaroni, Beef & Tomato Soup
If you’ve made this low calorie Slow Cooked Lasagna Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Italian turkey or chicken sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I used 3 teaspoons jarred)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles (about 3 or 4 noodles)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Put the the sausage and chopped onion in a microwave safe bowl and microwave, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is no longer pink, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker, breaking up any large pieces of sausage.
- Stir in the bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt and crushed red pepper. Cover and cook on LOW until the sausage and vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Add the broken lasagna noodles, cover and cook on HIGH, until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the slow cooker and stir in the basil, mozzarella and Parmesan.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.Watch this video to see how easy it is to make your own healthy lasagna soup at home:
If you like this easy + healthy low calorie recipe for lasagna soup, you might also like…
- Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup
- Weight Watchers Italian Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- Weight Watchers Recipe Roundup: Best Recipes of the Year with SmartPoints
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!