WW Recipe of the Day: 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
You only need 5 ingredients—no-boil noodles, jarred marinara sauce, ricotta, cheese, shredded mozzarella and rotisserie chicken to make this easy, healthy and delicious Chicken Parmesan Lasagna.
It was a big hit with my lasagna loving family when I made it for them.
If 10 servings seems like too many, freeze individual portions for future easy healthy lunches and dinners.
Skinny on 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna for the Slow Cooker or Oven
This scrumptious chicken lasagna is super simple to prepare because it uses no-boil noodles, jarred marinara sauce and rotisserie chicken.
While this is much quicker to bake in the oven, I love the set-it-and-forget-it nature of slow cooking.
So, I modified the original recipe for the slow cooker, using my Casserole Crock Slow Cooker , which is perfect for both cooking lasagna and then transporting it to gatherings, without the fear of spills.
Everyone gave this easy chicken parmesan lasagna an enthusiastic thumbs up and nobody ever guessed it was Weight Watchers friendly.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Lasagna?
According to my calculations, based on the nutritional data provided in the original recipe, each serving has 350 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Recipe Variations
Different Sauces: This is yummy with basic tomato basil sauce but have fun experimenting with different jarred sauces or your favorite homemade marinara.
Add Vegetables: Baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, sliced black olives, grilled or roasted slices of zucchini or eggplant would be good.
Slow Cooker: I modified the original recipe for the slow cooker, using my Casserole Crock (affiliate link). It's 9x13-inch rectangular shape makes it perfect for lasagna. I love the set it and forget it nature of slow cooking.
Make Ahead: This can be made ahead and then refrigerated for a day or frozen for up to 3 months before baking. (If frozen, defrost overnight in the refrigerator before proceeding with the baking/slow cooking instructions.) Bake / slow cook time will be longer if started from cold. I'd say about 30 minutes more in the oven and 1 to 2 additional hours in the slow cooker.
If you like this easy, 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including 4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Goddess Chicken, Skinny Pepperoni Pizza Chili, Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers, WW Spaghetti & Chicken Meatballs and Baked Gnocchi Bolognese Skillet
If you've made this Chicken Parm Lasagna, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Recipe
- 2 jars (25 ounces each) marinara sauce (I like Classico Tomato Basil)
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 container (15 ounces) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2-¼ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (I used rotisserie chicken)
- Preheat oven 375F degrees. Coat a 13x9-inch baking pan or your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the ingredients into the pan / slow cooker as follows: Spread about 1 cup marinara sauce on bottom. Top with one-third of the noodle in a single layer. Next spread all the ricotta cheese evenly over the noodles. Top the ricotta cheese with 1 cup mozzarella, half the chicken and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layering with another one-third of the noodles, the remaining chicken, and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover and top with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese. Place back in the oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into 10 even pieces.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Ideal slow cooker size: 9x13-inch casserole crock is best. A large 5- to 6-Quart slow cooker will also work.
- Layer the ingredients into the pan / slow cooker as follows: Spread about 1 cup marinara sauce on bottom. Top with one-third of the noodle in a single layer. Next spread all the ricotta cheese evenly over the noodles. Top the ricotta cheese with 1 cup mozzarella, half the chicken and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layering with another one-third of the noodles, the remaining chicken, and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, or until heated through and bubbly around the edges.
- Remove cover and continue to cook on low for 30 minutes more. (Be careful not to let the condensation in the cover drip back into your lasagna.)
- Cut into 10 even pieces.
Source: Trim and Terrific Kitchen 101 Cookbook by Holly Clegg
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch Holly Make this Yummy Weight Watchers Friendly Lasagna in minutes:
More Easy Lasagna Recipes for Weight Watchers:
- Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- Weight Watchers Lasagna Rolls
- Easy Lightened Up Skillet Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Best Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipes for Weight Watchers
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!