Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
You only need 5 ingredients – no-boil noodles, jarred marinara sauce, ricotta, cheese, shredded mozzarella and rotisserie chicken to make this easy, healthy and delicious Chicken Parmesan Lasagna.
It was a big hit with my lasagna loving family when I made it for them.
If 10 servings seems like too many, freeze individual portions for future easy healthy lunches and dinners.
Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Recipe Variations
Different Sauces: This is yummy with basic tomato basil sauce but have fun experimenting with different jarred sauces or your favorite homemade marinara.
Add Vegetables: Baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, sliced black olives, grilled or roasted slices of zucchini or eggplant would be good.
Slow Cooker: I modified the original recipe for the slow cooker, using my Casserole Crock. It’s 9×13-inch rectangular shape makes it perfect for lasagna. I love the set it and forget it nature of slow cooking.
Make Ahead: This can be made ahead and then refrigerated for a day or frozen for up to 3 months before baking. (If frozen, defrost overnight in the refrigerator before proceeding with the baking/slow cooking instructions.) Bake / slow cook time will be longer if started from cold. I’d say about 30 minutes more in the oven and 1 to 2 hours in the slow cooker.
Roberta hit rock bottom at 48 years old. She weighed 171 lbs. at 5'1". She suffered from back pain, thyroid problems and adrenal issues. Yet as you can see it’s all behind her now. And she feels and looks like a woman half her age!... Following Eat Stop Eat gave Roberta the freedom she needed. It allowed her body to naturally find its own weight loss rhythm. And the results are stunning!
The Skinny on 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
This scrumptious chicken lasagna is super simple to prepare because it uses no-boil noodles, jarred marinara sauce and rotisserie chicken.
While this is much quicker to bake in the oven, I love the set-it-and-forget-it nature of slow cooking.
So, I modified the original recipe for the slow cooker, using my Casserole Crock, which is perfect for both cooking lasagna and then transporting it to gatherings, without the fear of spills.
Everyone gave this easy chicken parmesan lasagna an enthusiastic thumbs up and nobody ever guessed it was Weight Watchers friendly.
According to my calculations, based on the nutritional data provided in the original recipe, each serving has 9 PointsPlus and 9 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 2 (25-ounce) jars marinara sauce (I like Classico Tomato Basil)
- 1 (8-ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (15-ounce) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- Ideal Slow Cooker If Using: 9x13-casserole crock is best. A large 5 or 6-quart slow cooker will also work.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Coat a 13x9-inch baking pan or your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the ingredients into the pan / slow cooker as follows: Spread about 1 cup marinara sauce on bottom. Top with one-third of the noodle in a single layer. Next spread all the ricotta cheese evenly over the noodles. Top the ricotta cheese with 1 cup mozzarella, half the chicken and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layering with another one-third of the noodles, the remaining chicken, and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and top with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese. Place back in the oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slow Cooker Directions: Cover and Bake on low for 4 to 5 hours or until heated through and bubbly around the edges. Remove cover and continue to cook on low for 30 minutes more. (Be careful not to let the condensation in the cover drip back into your lasagna.)
- Cut into 10 even pieces.
Cook's Notes: Bulk up by adding additional vegetables. Sliced mushrooms, baby spinach, Sliced grilled zucchini or eggplant or sliced olives would all be delicious.
Make Ahead: This can be made ahead and then refrigerated for a day or frozen for up to 3 months. (If frozen, defrost overnight in the refrigerator before proceeding with the baking/slow cooking instructions.) Bake / slow cook time will be longer if started from cold. I'd say about 30 minutes more in the oven and 1 to 2 hours in the slow cooker.
Source: Trim & Terrific Kitchen 101 by Holly Clegg
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch Holly Make this Yummy Weight Watchers Friendly Lasagna in minutes:
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
- Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- Weight Watchers Lasagna Rolls
- Easy Lightened Up Skillet Lasagna
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.