WW Recipe of the Day: Mom's Baked Gnocchi Bolognese Skillet
We've added a new feature, where you can submit your recipes to be shared here on Simple Nourished Living.
I love collecting and sharing recipes. I can't begin to tell you how many wonderful recipes I've obtained from family and friends through the years.
And some of my favorite Weight Watchers recipes came through discussions at WW Meetings.
One of my biggest and best sources for easy tasty recipes is my mom. So, it only seemed right that the first recipe submission be one from her.
We asked her to help us test out our submit your recipe form and she happily obliged with this delicious Baked Gnocchi Bolognese Skillet.
Take it away, Mom...
"This recipe for baked gnocchi bolognese skillet is quick and easy with very few ingredients. And I LOVE Italian food; or anything (pretty much) that resembles it!
It's been a long-time favorite of mine.
Just after high school, I left my home to work in another state where I lived for a year with my half-brother and his wife.
She was 100% Italian heritage - an only child - and learned to make sauce at her mother's elbow!
I, in turn, learned to make sauce and meatballs at her elbow - and while NEVER able to perfect to her level, I did a fairly decent job!
Over the years, this start with homemade sauce, etc., has served me and my family well!
I believe that my husband and children had little choice other than to love Italian food - they certainly were surrounded by it throughout their growing years!"
"I enjoyed this recipe very much - passed some on to family and they agreed as well.
We love to experiment with recipes and we always enjoy sharing and getting others' opinions.
Each of us have long lists of either 'scratches' or 'do agains'; this one made the latter list!"
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Baked Gnocchi Bolognese?
According to my calculations, each serving has 244 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
You could definitely bulk this up with more spinach and I think chopped mushrooms and/or zucchini would be good too.
If you've made this Baked Gnocchi Bolognese, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Baked Gnocchi Bolognese Skillet
- 3 cups favorite spaghetti sauce with meat (I used marinara sauce)
- 1 package (16-17 ounces) gnocchi (potato dumplings)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Dried seasonings to taste, I added a few pinches of dried oregano, garlic powder and dried red pepper flakes.
- 1 cup reduced-fat Italian blend shredded cheese (with mozzarella)
- Pinch or two of dried basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. (The skillet goes from stovetop to oven.)
- Add the sauce to an ovenproof skillet and cook over medium heat until it's warmed through and begins to bubble gently.
- Stir in the gnocchi, spinach and any dried seasonings you like. (I added a little bit of dried oregano, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.)
- Top with shredded cheese and a sprinkling of dried basil.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese on top is browned, about 30 minutes.
Recipe submitted by: Marge M., Phoenix, Arizona
Do you have a favorite WW friendly recipe? We would love for you to Share Your Recipe with Us Here.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Delicious Weight Watchers Recipes You Might Like
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Made Lighter
- Easy Lightened Up Skillet Lasagna
- Mom's Hamburger Goulash with Elbow Macaroni
- Mom's Easy Alfredo Ravioli Casserole
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!