I have Mom to thank for this Easy Alfredo Ravioli Casserole.
She spent most of Sunday cooking like a maniac. When I stopped by after my yoga session, her house smelled incredible.
On the stove a pot of kale, white bean and hot Italian sausage soup was bubbling. In the oven a turkey breast, stuffing and two pans of this incredible alfredo ravioli casserole were baking.
A few hours later she dropped by with the most impressive food care package I’ve ever received. It was like having my own personal chef – but better – because it had all been prepared by Mom!
Last night we dug into this easy alfredo ravioli casserole made with spinach chicken ravioli. Served with a simple tossed green salad, it was creamy and deliciously satisfying. Rod loved it too.
So I called her first thing this morning to get the recipe details so I could post them here.
She took some shortcuts to make this alfredo ravioli casserole that worked like a charm. First, she didn’t pre-boil the fresh chicken spinach ravioli, instead she layered it in a pan with a bottle of Classico alfredo sauce and topped it with a little grated Parmesan, slivers of fresh basil, and mozzarella and then baked it until golden and bubbly.
Mom’s easy alfredo ravioli casserole is the kind of comfort food I could eat every night of the week.
I’ve modified a few ingredients in the name of making it a little more Weight Watches friendly. If you’re throwing caution to the wind, I’d say use the regular alfredo sauce and if not, opt for the light stuff.
Mom's Easy Alfredo Ravioli Casserole
- 1 package 9 ounces fresh chicken and spinach ravioli
- 1 jar 15 ounces light alfredo sauce (such as Classico)
- 3/4 cup nonfat evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil optional
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. (Mom used an 8-1/2 x 11-inch pan but I think a 9 x 9 -inch pan would work too.)
- In a small bowl, stir together the alfredo sauce and milk until smooth. Spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of the pan. Place the ravioli on top of the sauce, spreading them out evenly. Top with the rest of the alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan and fresh basil if using. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove Mom's Easy Alfredo Ravioli Casserole from the oven and divide into 4 equal servings.
*PointsPlus® for Mom’s Easy Alfredo Ravioli Casserole calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Ravioli Recipes
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.