WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Lightened Up Skillet Lasagna
(389 calories | 9 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Have you ever made skillet lasagna?
Just hearing the word “lasagna” makes my mouth water. But it’s not a dish I tackle very often, since it takes a lot of time and makes a huge amount.
So, when Mom mentioned an easy Weeknight Skillet Lasagna from Kraft’s Food & Family magazine that she had made and enjoyed several times, I decided it was a recipe I wanted to try.
A quick and easy one-pot dish combining lasagna noodles, spaghetti sauce, ground beef, vegetables and a little cheese, this easy skillet lasagna is perfect for a busy weeknight supper.
Easy Healthy Skillet Lasagna Recipe Notes
I tweaked the recipe a bit to make it lighter and more Weight Watchers friendly.
I substituted fat free zesty Italian dressing. Used reduced-fat mozzarella cheese. And decreased the number of lasagna noodles. I also added some dried Italian seasoning for a little more flavor.
Next time I plan on bulking it up with more vegetables, such as chopped mushrooms, zucchini and a little spinach.
Rod and I both thought it was good and liked it even better left over for lunch the next day.
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in this Lightened Up Skillet Lasagna?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 389 calories and
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan) (with whole grain noodles)
10 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Skillet Lasagna Recipe Variations:
- Next time try adding more chopped vegetables to increase the volume for 0 Points. Chopped mushrooms and zucchini would be good. (Add the mushrooms when you cook the ground beef.)
- Add 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese into the noodle mixture before sprinkling with the mozzarella (be sure to adjust WW Points as necessary)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this skillet lasagna, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Lightened Up Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 26 ounces jarred spaghetti sauce
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup fat free zesty Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend, optional
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces (whole grain if possible)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan or deep skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat, breaking it up into crumbles, until browned. Drain off any excess fat. (There may not be any if you are using extra lean ground beef.)
- Stir in the green peppers, garlic, spaghetti sauce, water, dressing and Italian seasoning blend (if using).
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the cheese and cover again until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add the noodle pieces and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender, about 30 minutes.
Source: Kraft’s Food & Family magazine
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Skillet Recipes
- Southwest Quinoa & Black Bean Skillet
- 17 Weight Watchers Skillet & Stir-fries
- Skinny Cheeseburger Pasta One Pot Skillet
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!