Weight Watchers SmartPoints Recipe: Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Made Lighter
Are you a fan of Olive Garden’s Chicken Gnocchi Soup, but not all the fat and calories?
You’ll love my version of Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Made Lighter.
Just as rich, creamy and flavorful as the original. Only BETTER with less fat and calories and fewer WeightWatchers SmartPoints!
Tender bites of chicken, Italian potato dumplings and vegetables suspended in a thick, creamy flavorful broth, this soup is hearty enough to be meal-worthy.
Did I mention how much EVERYONE loves it?
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
Skinny on Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Made Lighter
I made this lightened up version of Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup by cobbling together several different copycat recipes from the internet.
The trickiest part was finding the gnocchi. I was able to locate vacuum-sealed packages in the pasta aisle of the second grocery store I visited.
According to my calculations each generous 1-1/2 cup serving has 225 calories and 5* Weight Watchers Points Plus.
To round out your meal serve with crusty bread or warm bread sticks and tossed salad just like Olive Garden. I definitely plan on serving up this soup again.
I’ve just recalculated the SmartPoints and was happy to discover that this has only increased by 1 to 6* SmartPoints!
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chicken broth (I used jarred Better than Bouillon to make mine)
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (16 to 18 ounces) potato gnocchi (I used DeCecco brand)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Add the olive oil to a large soup pot set over medium heat. Add the carrots, onion and celery. Cook, stirring often until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and stir 1 minute more.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and chicken broth. Add to the pot, along with the water.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then add the gnocchi.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and stir in the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half, chicken and spinach and simmer 10 minutes more, until thickened.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like This Lightened Up Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup, You Might Also Like:
- Lightened Up 4-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Crock-Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- Lightened Slow Cooker Up Ham and Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Potato Artichoke Soup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.