WW Recipe of the Day: Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
(225 calories | 6 5 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Are you a fan of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup, but not all the fat and calories?
I think you'll love my version of Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Made Lighter.
Just as rich, creamy and flavorful as the original. Only BETTER with less fat and calories and fewer WeightWatchers SmartPoints!
Tender bites of chicken, Italian potato dumplings and vegetables suspended in a thick, creamy flavorful broth, this soup is hearty enough to be meal-worthy.
Did I mention how much EVERYONE loves it?
Skinny on Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Made Lighter
I made this lightened up version of Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup by cobbling together several different copycat recipes from the internet.
The trickiest part was finding the gnocchi. I was able to locate vacuum-sealed packages in the pasta aisle of the second grocery store I visited. But you might also find them in the freezer section.
To round out your meal serve with crusty bread or warm bread sticks and tossed salad just like Olive Garden. I definitely plan on serving up this soup again.
According to my calculations, each generous 1-½ cup serving has about 225 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this copycat recipe for lightened up chicken gnocchi soup, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly soup recipes including Ham & Potato Soup Made Lighter, Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Chicken & Sausage Gumbo, Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Made Lighter and Creamy Potato Mushroom Soup
If you've made this Healthy Chicken Gnocchi Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe Made Lighter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chicken broth (I used jarred Better Than Bouillon to make mine)
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (16 to 18 ounces) potato gnocchi (I used DeCecco brand)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Add the olive oil to a large soup pot set over medium heat. Add the carrots, onion and celery. Cook, stirring often until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and stir 1 minute more.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and chicken broth. Add to the pot, along with the water.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then add the gnocchi.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and stir in the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half, chicken and spinach and simmer 10 minutes more, until thickened.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's another variation of Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup to consider:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Soup Recipes:
- Lightened Up 4-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Crock-Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- Lightened Slow Cooker Up Ham and Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Potato Artichoke Soup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!