WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Crock Pot Corn Chowder
(214 calories | 7 6 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This easy crock pot corn chowder is the kind of WW friendly recipe that makes me very, very happy.
For several reasons…
The Skinny on Crock Pot Corn Chowder
It’s easy to make with the most basic of pantry ingredients.
It manages to be rich, creamy and delicious and good for you while being very low in fat.
And it reminds me of the corn chowder my mom made when I was growing up.
Actually, it is Mom’s recipe adapted for the slow cooker and tweaked just a little 🙂
We enjoyed this easy slow cooked corn chowder for supper last night, along with some crusty bread and a few chunks of the most delicious honey smoked salmon from Costco.
Simple, satisfying and delicious, it’s one of my favorite weeknight suppers.
According to my calculations, each 1-cup serving has about 214 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Crock Pot Corn Chowder Recipe Notes
I sometimes like to cook the onions in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, to soften them before adding to the crock pot. I think they turn out sweeter that way.
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Corn Chowder, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Crock Pot Corn Chowder
- 1 small onion (1/2 cup diced)
- 2 cups diced raw potatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (15 ounces) each cream style corn
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits (optional)
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated fat-free milk
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3- to 4-Quart.
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- Combine all the ingredients except the evaporated milk in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the potatoes and onions are tender.
- Add the milk and stir well to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour, and then turn to WARM until ready to serve.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for easy crock pot corn chowder you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Corn and Shrimp Chowder
- Slow Cooker Manhattan Clam Chowder
- Mom’s Maine Corn Chowder
- New England Fish Chowder
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!