Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Crock Pot Corn Chowder
(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 160)
This easy crock pot corn chowder is the kind of recipe that makes me very, very happy.
For several reasons…
It’s easy to make with the most basic of pantry ingredients.
It manages to be rich, creamy and delicious and good for you while being very low in fat.
And it reminds me of the corn chowder my mom made when I was growing up.
Actually, it is Mom’s recipe adapted for the slow cooker and tweaked just a little 🙂
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
We enjoyed this easy crock pot corn chowder for supper last night, along with some crusty bread and a few chunks of the most delicious honey smoked salmon from Costco.
Simple, satisfying and delicious, it’s one of my favorite weeknight suppers.
- 1 small onion (1/2 cup) diced
- 2 cups diced raw potatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) cream style corn
- ¼ cup real bacon bits (optional)
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated fat free milk
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3 to 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- Combine all the ingredients except the evaporated milk in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the potatoes and onions are tender.
- Add the milk and stir well to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour, and then turn to WARM until ready to serve.
I sometimes like to cook the onions in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes to soften them before adding to the crock pot. I think they turn out sweeter that way.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
If you liked this recipe for easy crock pot corn chowder you might also like:
Today’s food for thought…
Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.
Do you have a favorite motivational quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.