WW Recipe of the Day – Slow Cooker Ham and Wild Rice Soup
(205 calories | 6 5 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Looking for a delicious easy peasy soup recipe perfect for cold winter nights?
How about a pot of slow cooker ham and wild rice soup?
Just toss together a few ingredients into your slow cooker in the morning and it will be waiting for you at dinnertime.
How wonderful is that?
Skinny on Slow Cooker Ham & Wild Rice Soup
I was going to substitute fat free evaporated milk for the half-and-half in this ham and wild rice soup, but after checking my Weight Watchers calculator and determining that it only decreased the calories per cup by 8, I decided it wasn’t worth it.
Hearty and delicious, Rod and I really enjoyed this soup for supper last night. It’s definitely a keeper.
According to my calculations, each 1-cup serving has 205 calories and
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Slow Cooker Ham & Wild Rice Soup Recipe Variations
vegetarian – skip the ham. Substitute a drained can of white beans if you like.
no ham – substitute any cooked meat/poultry/fish you like. Chicken, ham, turkey sausage would all work well.
no cream of celery soup – substitute cream of mushroom, chicken, or potato
If you’ve made this Ham and Wild Rice Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Ham and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of celery soup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (I used evaporated milk)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart.
- Mix the ham, onion, wild rice, vegetables, water, broth, cream of celery soup and black pepper in your crock pot, stirring well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the half and half. Increase the setting to HIGH. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes more or until hot.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooker ham and wild rice soup you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Ham Split Pea Soup
- Slow Cooker Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker Spiral Cut Ham
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!